Won't Boot - Proxmox 8 - Slot A (OK=1 TRY=1)

Dear,
I have the same problem. I follow all step from @os.habitats.tech but I still have the same problem. I tri to install the HA 12.2.
Can you help me, pls ?
Thank you.
Seb

Under VMname-> Hardware ensure you have no entries regarding GPU (Display). If you do GPU passthrough ensure this is not passed over to the HAOS VM.

Select Standard VGA as the display to see if this fixes your issue.

I tried just now and it’s the same with Standard VGA. Before, it was Default. I tried also with VirtlO-GPU and I have this :

Can you share an image of the hardware and options configuration of the VM.

Sure.
Options :
Capture d’écran 2024-04-26 à 15.56.19

And Harware :

Your settings seem correct. To get a better understanding of your issue can you please provide a screenshot where HAOS get stuck, basically I need to see where the boot process gets stuck.

Can you also provide a screenshot of your Proxmox Summary page (example below):

Or, just use the Home Assistant OS VM script at https://Helper-Scripts.com

And which one : Home Assistant OS VM or Home Assistant Container LXC ?

The one I mentioned above.

Here is the summary of Proxmox :

For the HAOS, the boot process has a problem directly. If Display is Default, the process blocked directly with Booting ‘Slot A (OK=0 TRY = 0)’ and if display is with VirtIO-GPU, I add already the printscreen adfter the booting.

I believe the problem is your system is using Legacy BIOS.

You need to enable EFI and run the system using EFI.

1 Like

Sorry but I do it and nothing change. The problem is still there.

Great.
Can you tell me how can I change this, please ?

You need to enter your system BIOS and enable UEFI. Then on reboot Proxmox should reconfigure automatically to use EFI. Ensure EFI is enabled before you proceed.

You will then have to recreate the HAOS VM and select UEFI.

Heuuu, how can I do that ? I use terminal on MacOS or it’s directly into Proxmox ?

You need to access BIOS on the Proxmox host (the computer Proxmox is installed on). Reboot and press the right keyboard button to get to the BIOS. Then you need to find where the setting to change to UEFI is located. If you are uncertain share screenshots of your BIOS to get guided feedback.