Working device in HomeAssistant, homekit shows 'no response'

Hi all,

I have three new switch devices I’ve just added to my HomeAssistant and work fine with localtuya (they are PC191HA so they are tuya-based) in HA.

My issue is they come up in homekit but marked as ‘no response’. I’ve tried rebooting anything in the house that might be participating in homekit (HomeAssistant, two apple homepods and two AppleTV’s) with no change to the ‘no response’.

To make it even more curious, I have some of the exact same device (bought in the same batch) that DO work perfectly fine in homekit, the only thing I can see different is they were added a while back.

Any suggestions what I can look at next for debugging, or what might be wrong?

Thanks

Glen.

You could try unpairing and repairing the problematic entities.

Having said that, I just tried the unpair service on an entity and got an error stating the device_id was missing. If you also have this issue, you could try manually removing the problematic entities from your HomeKit Bridge, making sure they disappear out of your Apple Home app, then adding them back.

1 Like

Thank you.

I finally got it working by removing homekit and re-creating ALL my homekit entities. It was painful and Apple’s home APP does NOT make it easy but quite a chore.

That aside, it is now working, and I think my original issue was due to me not sending those new devices across to homekit from homeassistant.

Thank you again

Glen.

1 Like

No worries, glad to hear you got it sorted!