Would Intel NUC6CAYH fit my need?

Hi,

I’m planning on running the following on the Intel NCU6CAYH [the cheapest available here].

Can I know if anyone have something similar setup or if the NUC would be able to run it? Thinking of using docker/container or VM, whichever is easier to set and less resource usage.

My main usage:

• Home Assistant
  • Node-Red
  • MQTT
  • MariaDB
  • Grafana
  • InfluxDB

Other things I hope to run along with it

• Webserver [Apache] [for personal use]
  • Some sort of wiki [Dokuwiki/Mediawiki etc] [for personal use, 7 users max]
  • Transmission/Deluge [doesn’t download all the time]
  • Youtube-DL [doesn’t download all the time]
  • JDownloader2 [doesn’t download all the time]
  • Nextcloud
  • Syncthing

Thanks.

I have a 7gen Intel NUC i5 with 8gb ram. I run Proxmox and in a Ubuntu VM i have docker containers for HA, Node-Red, Mosquitto, MariaDB, InfluxDB, Grafana, Traefik, Portainer and MotionEye. No issues at all.

1 Like
1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

That’s good to know. I would’ve gone for higher model of the NUC, but the pricing in my country is too high. The CAYH is the only one reasonably priced here. The next intel nuc build [NUC 7I3BNH + 8GB RAM + 250GB SSD] is the same as G4560 + 8GB RAM + 250GB SSD. Only the power draw varies.

I think I could get a NUC6CAYH, install the services and run them. If insufficient, then get another one, and move some of the services over to the new one. 2 x NUC6CAYH is close to the G4560 + 16GB + 250GB SSD. What do you think of this?

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

This is amazing. It’s nice that the CPU usage is so low. I also intend to run it something like this. Can I know why NUC model are you using? I couldn’t find it in the post.

Thank you.

It’s an i3 model, pretty sure 6th gen. I will have to look when I get home.