Wrong Time - How do you sync the time?

How can we do that with HassOS?

The log times are in UTC and my HassOS are in my local time zone.

Trying to sync them both together

1 Like

That’s just the way HassOS works I’m afraid, you can’t change it.

Apologies for reviving an old thread but how do I do this on Hass.io? My setup seems to have had a bit of a meltdown with the update to 202012 and it thinks it is September 2020 at the moment. I think that in turn is the root cause of other problems. Going in via SSL (using Putty) gets the response:

-bash: sudo: command not found

Sorted it. In case anyone else stumbles across this issue / thread like I did, I installed chrony from the community add on store and that then updated the system date / time settings.

1 Like

@Gronda, I’m trying to follow your steps but am a bit lost (sorry, very new to this). My system clock is also off by a variable amount each time I check so I installed the chrony add on but I am not sure how to update the system date and time settings after the install.

Hi @dawnchorus, I moved onto a HomeAssistant Blue a little while ago and no longer needed Chrony, I’m afraid. From memory just installing Chrony worked to update the time correctly every time I booted the Rpi. The problem I was having was the device losing three months so I was just looking for a way to get the date and time broadly right.

Very late here, troubleshooting as well, but when I run this I get an error saying the command doesn’t exist

Well, that was written back in 2017… 6 years ago. As was said two years later, with HAOS those commands don’t exist.

What you want to do is start a fresh thread and explain the problem you’re facing.

I did…. And got no replies… hence my search around as well.

1 Like