WTH are all those "login attempt failed" in my notifications?

Finally, I just disabled the banning IP… not much of a solution, but it works fine now.

I have those issues lately,
and I think it’s related to some performance gaps I’m experiencing.
not sure which causes what.
but in de core log I found the error and info which sounds interesting to me.

23-10-30 13:21:39 WARNING (raven-sentry.BackgroundWorker) [urllib3.connectionpool] Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7fa7e90810>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused')': /api/5370612/envelope/
23-10-30 13:21:39 WARNING (raven-sentry.BackgroundWorker) [urllib3.connectionpool] Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7fa7e91fd0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused')': /api/5370612/envelope/
23-10-30 13:21:39 WARNING (raven-sentry.BackgroundWorker) [urllib3.connectionpool] Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7fa7e900d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused')': /api/5370612/envelope/
23-10-30 13:21:53 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.api] Error on call https://172.30.32.1:8123/api/core/state: 
23-10-30 13:21:55 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.api] Updated Home Assistant API token
23-10-30 13:21:59 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.options] Option 'anonymous' does not exist in the schema for Mosquitto broker (core_mosquitto)

It is still existant and also related to Sonos Speakers. They must keep an Access Token to login which expires when HA restarts, I believe. Then HA rejects the now invalid token and therefor throws that error. That prevents Sonos from working properly with TTS, so to me not just a minor issue…

I just started getting these. Is there a way to remove the notifications thing from the sidebar? Very sad to want to resort to this. I would rather not be notified of anything than have a ton of useless notifications. I’d miss out on genuine notifications but I’ll resort to looking through logs or something on a schedule of my own. Pity

For my issue which seemed related to cameras, it does finally seem to be fixed.

Same here. After setting up an iPad on wallpanel I still get more and more login attempt failures from this device regarding api/calendars. It seems that there is a problem with CalDav and iCloud. All is setup correctly.

Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from iPadxxx.fritz.box (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx). Requested URL: '/api/calendars/calendar.familienkalender?start=2024-02-17T00:00:00&end=2024-03-17T23:59:59'. (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Home Assistant/2024.1 (io.robbie.HomeAssistant; build:2024.535; iPadOS 17.2.0) Mobile/HomeAssistant, like Safari)

My main computer and all of my mobile devices don’t produce this error, only the wall mounted iPad is causing this. I still don’t get it why this happens and how to get rid of this. Any suggestions?

Could solve my issue with just a little setting. The tablet user was created only with local login. After removing this, the errors did not come back :).

Rejoiced to soon, error is back but not as often as before. Is there a need of long live tokens or something for iCloud calendar? I am still confused why this only happens with the tablet user but not with any other user.

I also get these messages for both ipv4 and ipv6. But it also means I cannot access HA from Android app. Sometimes I need to turn off/on wifi to make it work again (fritzbox) or I can “change server” via three finger swipe. Changing server means switching between ipv4 and ipv6.
No problems when trying to connect from mobile network via ipv6. Only within the local wifi.

I finally found the culprit for me ( took a year or so)

It was the the Secondaryinfo entity row custom card. It only supports administrator login, if a regular user logins and displays a page which has Secondaryinfo it will throw this error.

Fix: Remove the card and replace it with Multiple entity row for or give your users administrator access.

Ok I am not a “me-too”. It seems to affect both of my two servers (which are much different locations". I am getting this message

Logger: homeassistant.components.http.ban
Source: components/http/ban.py:138
integration: HTTP (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:06:04 AM (174 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:29:11 AM
Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from c-69-142-122-175.hsd1.nj.comcast.net (69.142.122.175). Requested URL: ‘/auth/token’. (Home Assistant/2024.2 (io.robbie.HomeAssistant; build:2024.561; macOS(Catalyst) 12.6.2) Alamofire/5.6.4)
Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from node-ba09f6b5a.cust.telbo.net (186.159.107.90). Requested URL: ‘/auth/token’. (Home Assistant/2024.3 (io.robbie.HomeAssistant; build:2024.608; macOS(Catalyst) 14.4.1) Alamofire/5.8.0)

In both cases it sems to center on

Requested URL: ‘/auth/token’

thoughts??

Self thought. I went through my devices both desktop and IiOS that were accessing my home assistant servers. Notification went away. When I reopened the no error, I remember readin some where about auth tokens. Guess this updated or replaced them