WTH do we have Energy dashboard and no Water dashboard?

Shhh, don’t let the secret out that liquids, gases, and solids all use the same unit of measurement for volume.

2 Likes

and then your water is showing in the Gas graph, that mixture could be called ‘emulsion’, but would not be :slight_smile:

Part 1: Add support to the energy integration for tracking water usage by emontnemery · Pull Request #80888 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

9 Likes

hear hear! finally, this is great news! thanks a lot Erik (and team ofc)

Part x (not sure which part number this is, multiple PRs have been made at this point), the frontend:

4 Likes

All merged and ready for the 2022.11 release.

15 Likes

Wow thats nice, really needed after i had an leak last year caused to pay 450 euro extra :sweat_smile:!

Now i need to see where i can buy a watermeter in the Netherlands to use it with home assistant.

anyone a link where to buy one ?
regards

I have this one from Homewizard.

It works great Wi-Fi Watermeter - HomeWizard

1 Like

cool to hear, that (at least) water meter will be implemented now :slight_smile:
Still would love to see others - but I have time to wait for this :smiley:

So… just used my old, replaced HA installation and joined the beta-channel with it…
Home Assistant 2022.11.0b0
in which beta might this be implemented :smiley: :wink:

Nice!! and finaly :wink:
maybe a suggestion to show the daily consumption in liter? after a shower today, i can see the stats but the energy dashboard only shows 0m³ (as it is 0.022m³)

As I wrote in the discord… would be great additions :
i)

• to add the energy spent (kWh) into the hot water tank or any similar system
  • to add the energy spent (kWh) into EV

in general to integrate into the genetal animation all the individual loads defined actually into a bar graph in the energy dashboard bottom section

ii) To display in the daily solar production and prediction (in a legend style)
a) the total expected produced today
b) the current production until now
c) the expected production until now

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Need help configuring water template for beta

I just ordered this one

in NL
There is also a DIY description available if you like, but whenever I can avoid soldering I avoid it.

1 Like

I personally have the watermeterkit. Based on ESPHome, works great. 3d printed the case myself by the given STL files included.

Is anyone else showing crazy high water cost ?
I have today uisage of 0.12 M3 and a price of 2.86 GBP/M3
But today cost is showing as £85.80

any thoughts on why ?

I haven’t yet setup any cost value - just tested the water sensor (with a faked nodered-counter^^)
But I will do the test… give me some time.

I can’t really validate the price now, since I have it configured a bit later - but from a fist look, at least, it seems to be in a correct “range”

does it update a hour?
Because i did see on the website tht it says 4x a day.

regards

Thanks, but i’m looking something like plug and play.
i maybe gonna order this one, if the one from homewizard does not update hourly

i have homewizard water too… it’s pretty real time for current usage… every 10 seconds for totals orso. Just a small difference in running it on battery or on usb power

Thanks i gonna order that device than, it looks really nice