WTH do we have Energy dashboard and no Water dashboard?

Wow thats nice, really needed after i had an leak last year caused to pay 450 euro extra :sweat_smile:!

Now i need to see where i can buy a watermeter in the Netherlands to use it with home assistant.

anyone a link where to buy one ?
regards

I have this one from Homewizard.

It works great Wi-Fi Watermeter - HomeWizard

1 Like

cool to hear, that (at least) water meter will be implemented now :slight_smile:
Still would love to see others - but I have time to wait for this :smiley:

So… just used my old, replaced HA installation and joined the beta-channel with it…
Home Assistant 2022.11.0b0
in which beta might this be implemented :smiley: :wink:

Nice!! and finaly :wink:
maybe a suggestion to show the daily consumption in liter? after a shower today, i can see the stats but the energy dashboard only shows 0m³ (as it is 0.022m³)

As I wrote in the discord… would be great additions :
i)

• to add the energy spent (kWh) into the hot water tank or any similar system
  • to add the energy spent (kWh) into EV

in general to integrate into the genetal animation all the individual loads defined actually into a bar graph in the energy dashboard bottom section

ii) To display in the daily solar production and prediction (in a legend style)
a) the total expected produced today
b) the current production until now
c) the expected production until now

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Need help configuring water template for beta

I just ordered this one

in NL
There is also a DIY description available if you like, but whenever I can avoid soldering I avoid it.

1 Like

I personally have the watermeterkit. Based on ESPHome, works great. 3d printed the case myself by the given STL files included.

Is anyone else showing crazy high water cost ?
I have today uisage of 0.12 M3 and a price of 2.86 GBP/M3
But today cost is showing as £85.80

any thoughts on why ?

I haven’t yet setup any cost value - just tested the water sensor (with a faked nodered-counter^^)
But I will do the test… give me some time.

I can’t really validate the price now, since I have it configured a bit later - but from a fist look, at least, it seems to be in a correct “range”

does it update a hour?
Because i did see on the website tht it says 4x a day.

regards

Thanks, but i’m looking something like plug and play.
i maybe gonna order this one, if the one from homewizard does not update hourly

i have homewizard water too… it’s pretty real time for current usage… every 10 seconds for totals orso. Just a small difference in running it on battery or on usb power

Thanks i gonna order that device than, it looks really nice

I use this setup for reading out the Gas, House and Garden Water and also the old Ferrais Electricity meater via MQTT.

Working since several month without any real problems.

I’m trying to use the Energy dashboard “Configure Water Consumption” option but it appears to want the units in “m³ or gl”:

but the Sensor Entity Home Assistant page shows that water can be L, gal, m³, or ft³:

I was previously configured for “gallon”, but I just changed to “gal” and I still cannot select my device. Do I have to use “gl”? Anything else I need to do to make my device selectable?

EDIT

Looking at the commits it appears as though this only works for sensors configured to use m³ or ft³:

2 Likes

I have a Shelly UNI with a level sensor probe into my water tank (20.000 liters) that gives me the exact number of liters remaining at every moment. Can anybody help me write a template to turn that info into a water consumption sensor for the Energy Dashboard? Or, better yet, a template based on how long the water pump bringing water from the well to the tank is on. (I know how long it takes for the pump to fill in the tank). Thanks.

I track both incoming water and hot water usage. Would be nice to have support for hot water as well! I’m using:

Water meters from Kamstrup: MULTICAL® 21/flowIQ® 21xx | Ultraljudsmätare | Kamstrup
and
GitHub - weetmuts/wmbusmeters: Read the wireless mbus protocol to acquire utility meter readings.

Do you have a particular template for this ? Since I’m not able to add water source via energy dashboard.

This is my config:

###### MQTT ######
mqtt:
#  broker: http://homeassistant.local

###### Watercount ######
  sensor:
    - name: Wasserzählerstand
      state_topic: Wasser/main/value
      unit_of_measurement: "m³"
      state_class: total_increasing
      device_class: water

- name: "Wasserdurchsatz"