WTH don't we have a Chores/Tasks/Todo's automation/integration

I currently use google keep notes for a shared shopping list so I can assign it to everyone and I used to have it show the list on a home assistant kiosk (it has since broken and can’t be damned to fix it)

But I’d love to extend this and have scheduled tasks… But you can’t share task lists from google tasks unfortunately… I’m getting more and more frustrated with how useless google has become with collaboration tools.

Now we do :slight_smile: with the latest release

1 Like

Well, we sort of do. No due dates, no recurrence (though an automation could do that), no IDs so tasks have to be referred to by their friendly name which is a bit janky IMO, no assignment to users, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great start. But a start is all it is right now.

1 Like

I agree. I was quite happy to see a todo is released. And even though it’s a good base/start, it’s not there yet. But i am sure as this is now part of the default, that it will continue to be evolved into something useful in future releases.

Was hoping i could move all my todo’s over to HA with this release, but hopefully soon :grin:

I really hope for having checking a todo as a trigger in an automation is the next thing that they will implement.