WTH is the enocean support that basic

After this glorious addon mak-dev did, I have another EnOcean related question someone might be able to answer.

In the specs of the EnOcean USB stick it says that it’s recommended to not directly stick it into a machine but to use a cable to reduce interference and a better coverage.
I did remember that, when I started playing with some EnOcean buttons and suffered some problems in rooms far from the HA machine.

So I had a closer look and stumbled across the note that such a stick could also be configured acting as a n EnOcean repeater. If comparing prices for EnOcean repeaters using a stick might save some bucks, anyone in here with more experience if this really works?
Or a recommendation which repeater to go for?

And about the topic of this thread … no it wasn’t yet “basic” it was more like a “concept approval that it could have been implemented”. With the addon it’s now as easy as adding Tasmota or Zigbee devices.

Hi,

As previously discussed, I created a new topic related to the MQTT-based solution.
So I propose to continue the discussion on this solution to this new topic.

EnOcean with HA_enoceanmqtt

Hi @justone,

Regarding repeaters, I don’t know much for the moment.
I know that some line-powered modules have a repeater mode available.
So check what your actual EnOcean modules are capable of, may be you won’t have to buy a new device :).

As an EnOcean Repeater I can highly recommended the Eltako FRP70.
Take in account that the repeater works different to that what you know from ZigBee or Z-Wave.
EnOcean isn’t a Mesh Network

Makes sense … next to equally priced as the usb stick. Added it on my ‘to-go-for’ list.

I stumbled across the thermokon.de website 2 days ago … and had a closer look about their airScan software license which comes free with a stick if purchased from them.
Dammit, this would have been ideal for my surface device … running around the house checking the coverage.

I’m a bit unsure if my FTKE-rw devices will do the trick to check outward opening windows being in closed position to prevent roller shutters rolling down while someone missed to check the window.
I won’t put to question about their signalling, this surely works, othwise poeple would have complained about that, but I’m still unsure about HA how to manage the last-know-state survives powerloss and other obscure events.

Since so … a propper coverage is step1 … to eliminate issues arising from that.

Hello Johannes,

may I asked you how you managed to read out the “Base ID” of the USB300?

I got exactly the same setup as you. FAM14 as a gateway, several actors connected to the FAM14 via RS485.
So far I can read the incomming messages, but I haven’t figured our yet how to determine the Base ID.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Steffen

Hello all

Just found this thread (and surprized I have not found this earlier…).
I’m still searching on how to have HA send a F6-01-01 telegram to a Eltako FSR61…
I was active here Another attempt at Setting up EnOcean - could use some help, but could not manage to do so.
Anybody here able to pinpoint me to a possible solution? (enabling HA sending F6-01-01 telegrams).

Many thanks and best regards
pas

I just bought a low voltage switch (to control LED lights) from RunLessWire; the switch uses an Enocean module. I have the 500U, and it registers three different radio and serial packets being sent when I press the switch (and I can provide the device ID when I get back home on Friday) but I am looking for any way to control the device remotely. Any assistance would be huge.

Hi @ElTurk,

Do you have a link or document describing your device ?
Also, please provide the logs so we can see what kind of telegrams are sent.

If you use, or want to use HA_enoceanmqtt, please let’s continue the discussion on the dedicated topic