WTH It should be possible to reload automations / scripts directly from their dashboard page

Instead of jumping between Configuration / Automations and Configuration / Server Controls / Reload Automations, it would be great to have the possibility to reload Automations directly on the config/automation/dashboard. Same thing for other domains where this is applicable.

A 3-dot menu in the upper right corner (like the one in config/integrations) could allow the user to reach this reload action from the page.

You don’t have to reload your automations / scripts when you edit them from the UI, it is done automatically.

Only when you edit them in YAML you will have to reload.

2 Likes

Home Assistant actually allows reloading via service calls, like automation.reload and script.reload. Those can be hooked up to practically anything, from Lovelace widgets in the dashboard to hardware triggers.

But yes, as mentioned previously, this is only really relevant when editing YAML directly.

I think there’s still merit to the original suggestions. I often find myself having to edit a specific automation in YAML (e.g. had to copy something from a different automation, used templates in actions, etc…), and then wanting to see/edit the result in the UI.

1 Like