Xiaomi Aqara and Mijia etc

I have the honeyWell Smoke Detector and it works great, it integrates the same way as the other xiaomi aquarra sensors to the Gateway and to HA. Even if all the functionallity is not integrated into HA(like battery test).

How did it go??

just want to bump it up.
I am also interested to get an answer to the questions abukapsoun asked.
Can those sensors be placed one after another so they would relay messages from one to another to reach the base (as ZigBee should work) or each one should be able to reach the base by itself?

Cheers.

The battery powered xiaomi zigbee devices are just endpoints and not capable of routing the messages from other zigbee nodes. I believe the only ones that can are the mains powered zigbee devices (light switches and the smart plug (zigbee version))

This is correct, mains powered devices are routing the mesh, whereas battery powered devices are endpoints and can only interact with the mesh.

thanks guys.
have you checked that yourselves - have you used Xiaomi ZigBee socket to extend coverage for remote sensors or it is just a theoretical thoughts?

It’s Zigbee mesh 1-0-1, even more generic it is how meshes usually work, Zwave has the same behaviour.

Just continuing this - I understand there is a limit to the number of devices connected to a single hub - 30 - anyone know if this limit is extended by the use of powered sockets (rather than just the range) and if so, how does it scale?

Or will I need to get a second hub once I hit the limit?

The 30 i believe is a hard limit, i have the zigbee sockets and they do not allow you to bypass the 30 device limit, i added a secongateway and moved endpoints to different hubs based on their closeness

Seems to work fine, and have no issues with device becoming unavailable

Its not therotical thoughts, its how Zigbee operates.
If battery powered devices were to route the messages, then the batteries wouldn’t last very long.

i have 4 zigbee sockets and used them to make my xiaomi zigbee networks more stable in places furthest from the 2 gateways i use ( 2 sockets on each gateway)

ahh. so devices are tied to a specific hub. If I add a second hub, nothing will be on it until I go into MI Home and disconnect from the primary hub, and reconnect to the second hub?

(Ick)

Yeah mate, you have to remove from one and add to the other. i inadvertently left one on both gateways an HA complained about duplicate entity _id

This differs between different gateways. Hue has support for 50 units I believe, and deCONZ supports ~200 units.

I am sorry for the noob question. Could anyone please link to the Xiaomi Aqara gateway that can integrate with HA? I heard that not all models are compatible. I am looking to use their water leak detection sensors and can not seem to find info on the exact model that works with HA. Thanks in advance! I am using hass.io

Could someone tell me if the Model: ZHWG11LM is compatible with home-assistant?

@alekseyn @gabrielmiranda probably a bit late for you but I’ve been looking for the same info and found this: https://community.openhab.org/t/solved-openhab2-xiaomi-mi-gateway-does-not-respond/52963/89