Xiaomi Aqara Human Presence motion sensor direct zha connection

Hello!

Has anyone ever used the Xiaomi Aqara Human presence sensor directly with with a Zigbee USB dongle, without deConz or the Aqara bridge?

I tried to set them up, and found that two sensors are added to my system:

binary_sensor.lumi_lumisensor_motionaq2_0200bxxx_1_1280
The binary_sensor component stays stuck on “Off” all of the time, and even has a different icon than the other sensors (see pictures).

sensor.lumi_lumisensor_motionaq2_0200bxxx_1_1024
The sensor has a unit of LX and reports luminosity. From what I’ve seen, luminosity is only reported when motion is detected, which seems to be the expected behavior, and I am ok with that.

I am running Hass.io 0.73.1 on RasPi with a HUSBZB-1 USB Zigbee/Z-Wave dongle.

Thank you for your help!

lumi

Update:
So far it seems I only get luminosity sensor updates where motion events are detected.

I have created an automation that gets triggered wherever there is a state change in the luminosity sensor, and it seems to be working at capturing the motion events.

I’ll test it over the coming few days.

1 Like

You are the first one trying this out as far as I know. Please evaluate and report back!

/R

Have you seen this thread out of interest, might be something like what you are after.

I’ve been fiddling with this, and it seems there are some issues with the aquara sensors… hope this will help !

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/15477

Thanks!

I’ll give it a look and report back!

Thanks Cee! I’ve seen this, but I was trying to avoid adding more moving parts (zigbee2mqtt) to my system.
I guess I’ll explore this route as well and see how it works out.

Hey, just an update… I haven’t been able to figure it out using the zha component, looking at the debug logs, I do get the updates from the device but the HA state is never updated.

I ended up going with Yoda-X’s zha_new custom component instead, and it seems to work well so far.

1 Like

I have a body sensor on the way, but will probably just run it through the hub. I have two door sensor’s that run off it all ok at the moment. Tried to run the Zigbee2mqtt, but kept getting missed results. I have the Xiaomi gateway sandboxed anyway, so it can’t talk home or anything just in case.

Have the same issue with the same sensor.
Is enabling zha_new custom component as easy as adding it to config?
UPD.: Ah, sorry. I need to clone a repository as custom component. Will try and report.