Xiaomi Aqara Wall Switch No Neutral

Hey @diego06

Does this no-neutral version work well with home assistant? Are there any issues with your light bulbs? (which ones are you using? Led , fluorescent or incadesent ?)

For me, it’s working perfectly fine. I’m using the 2 buttons version, and a Xiaomi acpartner.v3 as gateway with no issues and fast response, just a bit noisy when the switch is performed. I’m using led lights.

Cheers!

Hey @WizMeister… till now everything works good! I have it connect to some led GU10 lamps and one “traditional” E27 bulb (led)! But I guess that it will work with any lamps!
I order also the sonoff touch just to try it out!

Im interested in trying a Xiaomi switch (single switch).

I have no neutral either and use zigbee2mqtt to access all the Xiaomi devices, which works really well.

Can you post the version you are using that works with no neutral please, also do I need to use a gateway for it to work or can i get away with using zigbee2mqtt

Wow, that’s good news as everyone I’ve searched I read about flickering and ghost switching

I’ve had about 5 double no netrual wall switches installed. Works great with home assistant, cloud and Google assistant.

Only tiny annoyance is that they are loud. When it’s quiet in the house and I turn on or off a few at a time there is a loud click.

I’ve got them connected to florescents.

Any chance you could post a link to the ones you bought? Even better how u wired them too, sorry for the big asks

How loud are they? Can you post a short video?

https://www.aqara.com/en/ctrl-neutral.html these are the switches, and the wiring is just replacing your current switch wires the common and the live wire.

I got them from Ali Express around 18 months ago, in the $25usd range.

The sound is a click, or more specifically the relay clicking, when I think more about it is the same sound a standard light switch makes its just that your not at the switch pressing it, so it is different to would you expect.

Hi, thanks for info. The link page shows neutral in the diagrams. Are you in the UK where we dont tend to have the neutral

I’m in Australia.

The link I provided is the no neutral switch. The double switxh has L, L1 and L2 connection points.

No neutral
https://m.gearbest.com/alarm-systems/pp_610096.html

With neutral
https://m.gearbest.com/access-control/pp_626699.html

The switches with netrual have N,L,L1,L2.

I have a neutral switch in my garage.

In the UK internal lights traditionally have no neutral at the switch but outside lights should always have.

i’m new to HA, could you please post how you added them to HA? I understand I need a Mi Home developers key but a hint for a beginner would be most helpful

@Zpeed and @diego06 do you need the Xiaomi Gateway for these switches to work, or did you pair them with Zigbee2MQTT or another native Zigbee stick etc please?

I have the wired no neutral wall switch and have a Samsung Smartthings which I have set up as a Zigbee radio for HA via MQTT but am confused at the link above which is talking about getting the developers code whilst setting up the “Xiaomi Gateway” which I understood to be the Xiaomi proprietary “hub” for their gear…

I use the Xiaomi Gateway with the Xiaomi wall switch.

1 Like

Before I got here I oped a new topic about how the no neutral version works, maybe someone knows it here and can give his/hers input here:

Thanks

Hi @Zpeed maybe you can help me with this question I have.
Is it possible for the double no neutral switch, to only physically connect one of the output wires and still the second switch send the Zigbee signal?

I would like to get the double one for my ceiling lamp and use the other one (without any output wire connected to it) with HA to do whatever comes to my mind :slight_smile:

Thanks!!

Guys, an important question, do i really need the no neutral version? What is the difference with the N connection? Does this then update the state of the switch on HASS?

If your existing switch has a neutral, then use the “with neutral” switch, as there cheaper

I have few neutral and no neutral aqara wall.

I found no neutral wall very short life span - few month to less than 1 year.

Anyone have issue with quick dying aqara no neutral switch ?