Xiaomi Chuangmi_ir (Universal IR Remote Controller)

I need the Toggle Switch Back!!! Please!!! Pretty Please!!! :slight_smile:

Thanks the suggestion helped, I wasn’t holding the button down the the air con sends lots of commands like turn on temp setting fan settings etc all at once.

I tested learning my tv remote and it works perfect turning on and off with the same script.

Thank you for the great work on this component

Is there any plan to build custom component for ac component ? I’m still hesitating to use my xiaomi ir.

Same thing happens to me when I try to send air conditioner codes!

When I send the command, the IR device’s blue light turns off and the device stops responding until I unplug it and plug it again. It’s like it crashes.

Any suggestion?

Oh, I got it! Maybe it was luck, but I re-learned the codes and this time I kept the button pressed on the remote until the Xiaomi IR’s blue light stoped blinking. Then I copied the codes and now they work.

I don’t know if this is important or not, but when I was having the “device hanging” problem my codes did not end with “=”. I’m not sure if all of the IR codes must end with an equal sign, but I can see that the codes that are hanging @lerroy_b 's device are not finished in “=” either.

Is this possible?

EDIT: I found out something that might be the root of the problem. In the documentation you can read:

After learning the command the base64 string can be found as a notification in Overview, the string can be copied by left clicking on the string and choose the copy option.

But this is only half the truth, because if you follow those steps (at least in Chrome / MacOS), only the code is selected, but the “=” sign is left off the selection.
I discovered this by right-clicking the code and selecting “Inspect element” in the context menu of the browser.

Now that I’ve added the “=” character at te end of the codes, everything works flawlessly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had the same issue and would have never found out the trick with the equal sign. I just added the = sign as a suffix of all my commands without relearning them and it worked.

Now the blue led is always on again or flickering and never ‘stuck’.

Thank you very much @matto

1 Like
1 Like

I’m glad it helped!

I guess this is something that should be present in the documentation of the component.

Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could algorithmically generate the RAW data to control our airconditioners. Like you I have saved some preset codes for some typical temp/fan combinations and have them working on three Xiaomi IR gateways around the house. The issue it I have quite a list of scripts to do just these few combinations. Worked great for summer but here in Aus it it coming into winter and will need to re-learn some codes for heating - I can see an exponential growth in the number of scripts to trigger all these!

now I saw this great piece of work https://github.com/markszabo/IRremoteESP8266/tree/v2.1.0

It has the essence of how to create the IR codes for a whole bunch of airconditioner models. So for example I can generate the code for 23° Cool, high Fan. Then I can step the temp up or down and send a code for 24° or 25° just as easily.

now - anyone out there have expertise for porting this into our HA component? :slight_smile:

Cheers in advance.

1 Like

Hello I made Generic Thermostat component with Xiaomi IR check it:

1 Like

Hi there - I had the IR remote set up in the latest MiHome app on Android but then uninstalled that and installed 5.0.0 as per the instructions for getting the token…

Now it won’t find the Remote… I’ve reset the actual remote but the app can’t seem to find it - any ideas?

Hi, I’ve managed to get this setup but am getting this error in the log when I try to send a command - any ideas?

Transmit of IR command failed, OrderedDict([('raw', 'Z6WjAfIBAADMBQAAjgsAAMQLAAA3TwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAjABAQABAAAAAQABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAEAjABAQABAAAAAQABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAEAjABAQABAAAAAQABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAEAjABAQABAAAAAQABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAEAjABAQABAAAAAQABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAAA=')]), exception: {'code': -5008, 'message': 'magic error'}

Thank you @snarl for explaining in simple words HOW to learn IR codes! However, I just can’t seem to wrap my brain around how to SEND them. The documentation shows a snippet where you use a script, however this does not work, nor does it really “feel” right. I just want to teach my remote ONE code, and then be able to send it to my AC. How, and where??

Thank you so much in advance

There’s a custom component for this :slight_smile:
https://gitea.ddns.net/thundergreen/Xiaomi-remote-climate

Hello, would someone Help me? I bought a Xiaomi Universal IR Remote, but cannot pair to my network. Seems there is a regional block code… Someone can watch the log and help me find out why the device does not pair with the wifi network?

Thanks in advance.

Here’s the log. https://pastebin.com/iQFAvbYt

Please check your network/internet connectivity/dns resolver. This FQDN (api.io.mi.com) should be resolvable:

error=-9999,Unable to resolve host "api.io.mi.com": No address associated with hostname

Are you able to ping this host?

Hello, I am able to ping, but it seems that there is some kind of regional block, I can’t even start the pairing process If I don’t enable the gPS on the phone I use for connect the device to my network, I already tried using a wifi hotspot zone with cellular data with another phone and I get the same result…
These are the responses of nslookup:

nslookup api.io.mi.com
Servidor: UnKnown
Address: fe80::1

Respuesta no autoritativa:
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
Nombre: api.io.mi.com
Addresses: 183.84.6.21

nslookup cnbj1.fds.api.xiaomi.com
Servidor: UnKnown
Address: fe80::1

Respuesta no autoritativa:
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
Nombre: cnbj1.fds.api.xiaomi.com
Address: 124.251.58.127

Any other suggestion to try?

By the way thank you for your time.

Hi all, there’s any way to turn off the blue led?

Agree its pretty bright at the right angle i put black electrical tape on mine cut right cant even see it.

Hello. I am trying to avoid installing the iOS/Android MiHome app. I managed to get the Xiaomi WiFi Plug to join my wifi by the command line mirobo configure-wifi

I tried them same method for the Xiaomi IR hub. I got the 32 digit hex token without a problem. But for the wifi join, the cli prompted: OK. The wifi the ir hub had opened disappeared but I can’t find the ir hub in my network.

Does anybody know how to get the Xiaomi IR to connect to your wifi without using the app (minimizing the calling home reasons/cheap router that I can’t stop individual devices from calling home…)

Thanks for your help.