Xiaomi Cloud Vacuum Map Extractor

For anyone else as dense as I am…
After adding:

name: "Vacuum Basement Roborock S4 Max"

To your configuration yaml under:
- platform: xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor
You then need to go back into the xiaomi-vacuum-map-card and select your new camera, like:

map_source:
  camera: camera.vacuum_basement_roborock_s4_max

Thanks for the help!

Hello, is it possible to have 2 maps from 1 S7? I have a 2 story house and would love to have both floors showing? I use your vacuum card as well and all works perfectly with rooms/etc. The ground floor is setup to use the rooms as the dock is on that floor. When moved upstairs the map changes (obviously) and the rooms all then all wrong. No big deal, just would look nicer on my dashboard :slight_smile: Cheers

You can add a second preset with the same map camera. Check out this thread: Add support for automatic switching map used by vacuum · Issue #248 · PiotrMachowski/lovelace-xiaomi-vacuum-map-card · GitHub

1 Like

Genius… thank you. Time to play :slight_smile:

This is amazing Piotr! Thank you very much

1 Like

@3_14
Piotr, may be you may tell me - is it possible to know whether the camera is ON or OFF?
Cannot find any attributes defining this…
I am using a script based on your blueprint; wanted to change it a little.

Hmmmmm, I’m afraid that it is missing…

Hi,

I’m on 2022.2 and I believe I’ve done everything according to the instructions, but I’m getting the following errors in log

2022-03-05 11:52:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.vacuum] The xiaomi_miio platform for the vacuum integration does not support platform setup. Please remove it from your config.

2022-03-05 11:52:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] The xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor platform for the camera integration does not support platform setup. Please remove it from your config.

The camera entity isn’t showing up

You have some problems with your configuration.yaml file, you can paste it here

Here you go mate, thanks for offering to look at it

https://www.toptal.com/developers/hastebin/yopatiroru.less

@RKor, I am wondering about this part inside your configuration.yaml:

vacuum:
  - platform: xiaomi_miio
    host: 192.168.1.xxx
    token: xxxx

Most Xiaomi Miio devices support configuration using the Home Assistant UI, except for the Xiaomi device tracker and Xiaomi IR Remote. Please read the linked sections for those devices for more information.

The actual Xiaomi Miio integration is getting fully setup using config-flow and there is no need to configure anything for it within configuration.yaml.

I have two Roborock S5 Max devices running through Xiaomi Miio on HA 2022.2 using xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor and no problems so far.

As for xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor this looks ok:

camera:
  - platform: xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor
    host: 192.168.1.xxx
    token: xxx
    username: [email protected]
    password: xxxxxxx
    draw: ['all']
1 Like

Since the update to HA 2022.3 and its new Google Material Design, several cards have broken layouts (dropdowns and so on), including the Xiaomi Cloud Map Extractor.
Here is how mine displays now with
Xiaomi Cloud Map Extractor 2.1.5
Xiaomi Vacuum Map Card 2.0.10
(the buttons below the map).

Are you aware of the problem ?
Is there any solution yet ?
Am I even at the right place ? :wink: (sorry if not)
Thanks !

This is a problem with map card, not extractor. It has already been raised: https://github.com/PiotrMachowski/lovelace-xiaomi-vacuum-map-card/issues/365

2 Likes

Besides the broken UI with the Buttons, any idea why the map of this robot is partially tilted?
I have a second roborock and the map is just fine so I am a little puzzled about what happened to this one?

How does it look like in Xiaomi Home?

I just realized it looks the same :neutral_face: :joy:
Yeah that seems to be an issue with the robot then… Will delete and rebuild the map. Never had that before. Weird.

Edit: I was able to use a map backup from March 1st auto-generated due to “automatic update”. Since then the map seems to have crashed. No idea what was updated or by whom. I certainly didn’t open the app in a while :wink:

Guys, off-topic , but I see that lots of people are using also dreame… What integration are you using for it? …

I use this one: Issues · pooyashahidi/xiaomi_vacuum · GitHub

But seems when dreame was offline for a reason, it doesn’t reconnect… Need to restart HA then

Try this component, I think I remember reading stuff about Dreame vacuums…

Aha, something to try out, thnx

1 Like

hey @pplucky or someone else having DREAME , also using zones? …
my dreame robot is sometimes not getting to the room, its not smart enough to go in room F, it doesnt eve goto the first door, it wants to try like the black pen, directly trough the wall :wink:

It needs to follow the red pen…

so i was thinking to create a zone bigger then room E , so it already starts a little bit cleaning in room F
But how to extract the zones? is there an easy way ?