Xiaomi Gateway and Switches

Good Afternoon, I am just wondering if anyone is running any of the Xiaomi Gateway devices in North America, It looks like alliexpress has an option to include a US plug, Has anyone had any issues? My main thought right now is to use the motion sensor and the smart switches to do a few things in HA but not sure if they will work, Anyone using them to control things in HA vs Xiaomi products. Or does anyone know of any other wireless switches like the smart switch that can be added to HA. Motion sensors have a few other options might look at those as I need some of the GE zwave switches as well to handle my 3ways.

Hi,

I am using Xiaomis gateway, PIR, temperatur sensor and switch in Sweden. I ordered from Ali and just got a adapter for the plugg. It works great with HASS.

Hey what sort of things are you doing? I ordered a gateway, pir, smart button and a door contacts to play with.

Can you control the light on the gateway with has?

I wonder if you can control the light on the gateway with google home. That would be fun

Hi I have a number of Xiaomi Gateways, switches, motion body sensors, door/window sensors and temperature sensors.

Home Assistant works and integrates perfectly as said above, i use the sensors for my house alarm, i use the same sensors to turn on lights based on door opening / closing or motion detected. Also using the switches to turn on lights etc…

I have the temp sensors triggering Sonoff Switches to turn Fans on based on Humidity and notification when it goes below 0… the possibilities are endless.

I am a big fan of them…

Very good thanks for the details, do the sensors respond fast to HA? Can I use them to do other things in HA without major delays?
Do you know if you can control the gateway light with google home?

yeah i use 2 of the gateways in the hallway and landing as night lights with a pinky glow, the wifes choice :slight_smile: within HA its just another light so u cant Alexa or Google to turn it on and off.

The motion and door sensors are immediate with no delay at all, the switches are very fast too…

Great info thanks so much, can google or alexa control the color?
Do you have a power adaptor on your gateway? Being in canada I need one and worried the gateway will stick out from the wall to.far to be a night light which was my first thought.

I use a travel adapter as I am in the UK and it its ok, I will send a pic tomorrow. its about an inch that is no more than a plug in air freshener

I believe you can, I set the colours by setting a scene in HA, and using an automation to call it when it gets dark…

The Gateway also has a light sensor so you can use that to trigger automation based on light conditions…

Excellent now I just wait for the so slow mail system to get my stuff here from china.

Thanks again for all the help and sorry for all the questions.

Hi Hefford
It sounds like you have a lot of experience with the xiaomis - I am trying (with no luck so far) to have a switch dim my lights when I double click it (not so difficult), but then have the same switch brighten lights on the next double click. Do you know how I can make the switch alternate between two different automations so I can turn brightness up and down with a double click?
I have googled now for 10 hours without figuring it out - and I’m going crazy here :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hi Mate

Yeah i have quite a lot of the Xiaomi stuff in the house doing its of different stuff.

To be honest I haven’t played around with dimming too much, as I use Ikea lights and they came with a remote dimmer, so I use motion sensors to turn on the light and use the dimmer or alexa if need to dim.

However I have been playing around with this that someones put up on here

Hope that helps…

So is there now NA plug versions? you have to get an adapter?

Hey no NA version yet, but most of the big players ship an adapter.

1 Like

Which version of the Gateway are you guys using? is it version 2?

Also, which human motion sensor are you using? There appears to be a round one with lights around it but also a newer version which is just a rectangle with presumable no lights on it.

edit: actually there’s 3 different models of the motion sensor

1. round with AA batteries
  2. round with internal lithium battery
  3. rectangular one

I am not what 100% sure which version but I think it is v2 since I have chinese radio support which is version 2 feature from what I have read.

The human body sensor are little motion sensors like alarm companies have. Kind of like this
http://www.yeso521.com/xiaomi-human-body-sensor.html
I have one of these that works great

Are you thinking of the night lights like this? These don’t connect to the gateway they are standalone products which work great in hallways fyi.

Sorry if I misunderstood your question, let me know if I was wrong and we can try and help more.

1 Like

Thanks for all that clarification. I was wrongly under the impression that the round ones were smart motion detectors too for the gateway. Your motion detector and gateways will be ones I will probably order and play with next :slight_smile:

No problem.