Xiaomi Gateway Integration

No. :wink: What did you do to integrate the gateway into home assistant? Where does your source code come from?

@Syssi, thanks for you answer! aaah, that is what you mean.
This is the code i have used to integrate the xiaomi gateway to HA.

The next release of HA (0.50) includes a official component. If you update home assistant to 0.50dev and remove the custom_component the issue will be solved.

@Syssi, Oooh realy?! That would be nice! :smiley:
Nice, that so much people work on HA and the components to intergrate it. Nice! Thanks all!

@syssi can you link to the PR or commit for this ?

The PR is already merged. The “dev” branch of home assistant includes the official component already:

I have installed the dev branch by

pip install --upgrade 'git+https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant'

Hi Guys,
Im current try trying out HASS io, does anyone know what the command is to update to dev branch on that?

Hi FletchNZ, you just need to rename the components folder to custom_components. Then place it under /config

Update: Ignore that… still trying to get it works on Hass.io

is this xiaomi custom component not working in HASS IO ?

did you solve?

Sometimes my temperature/humidity sensor shows weird values, like this:

Is it possible to ensure no more than 1 digit after comma is shown?

Please use the official component. The issue is fixed there.

Great, and which one is “the official”?

0.50 should come out in few days, I hope

1 Like

No, doesn’t work for me on Hass.io.
I’ve reverted back to the all in one hass for now.
I’ll wait for the 0.50 when xiaomi integrated and try again on hass.io.

1 Like

Ahh, ok understood

Btw, once moving to official component included in 0.50, aside from deleting the files from custom_components and changing the sid/gw_sid to mac/gw_mac in configuration.yaml, do we need to do anything else?

Nope. That’s all!

Ok, I was asking because one of these days I updated the Xiaomi custom component from Github and even after doing those changes (except deleting the files, of course) and my xiaomi component was not running at all.

I ended up restoring a recent backup and decided it was not worth the hassle and would wait for 0.50.

Let’s see how it goes and I’ll anyway make sure I have a recent backup before upgrading to 0.50 :wink:

Thanks for the confirmation anyway.

xiaomi custom component working in hass.io, am using it right now