Xiaomi Gateway Integration

One.
Problem solved, as shown in my configuration, I wrote “plataform: template” instead of “platform: template” I don’t know how I didn’t notice it. :scream: I’ve been trying for 2 days solving this, and it was a typo. Thank you all for your help, this community is amazing.

Hi! I’m getting the following error:
ERROR:PyXiaomiGateway:Got error element in data {“error”:“Invalid key”}:

Because of this I can only have read only access and I can see sensors status but i cannot command them.
I’m 100% sure that the password is correct and i’ve reseted it twice. In on situation when i started HA i could send one command successfully but afterwords i always get this invalid key. I’m using latest HA and Python in Windows 10.

I’ve read about multicast but I cannot change this setting in my router. Any ideas?

Thank you

Something must be wrong with the code:

If I trigger a PIR sensor (2 out of 5 that I have) the gateway light turns on … and NOWHERE in my configuration (or MiHome app) I have this … very strange

new firmware 149

Do you turn on a group f.e? If you call the turn on service and don’t provide a entity_id all lights will be turned on.

Did you try the new firmware?

installed … not tried, I am not home

Sorry I do not underatsnd … “turn on a group f.e”?

In mihome app, in hass? Where would this be? My configurations files are many and so big …

There is a trigger in mihome app. Probably that’s working for you. Just disable it under gateway, auto, night light setting.

1 Like

Please check @sendorm’s idea first.

got my xiaomi gateway, but the voice is in chinese. is there a way to change this to an english voice?
Thanks

is just for installation, you will never hear the chinese language otherwise

1 Like

No. its not really an international product, so there is no localisation of the pre-recorded speech.
This is why it’s cheap! :slight_smile:
However you can record your own “ring tones” and play them back. See earlier in the thread for info. Its also in the component docs I think.

ok thanks very much. i got to use google translate. the trouble was i was using the app from google play store and selected the US server straight away and i dont get to see a lot of options. Then i switched over to mainland china. lot more options. pairing all my devices now.

Love that description of the switch on gearbest:

Zero line and fire wire double key version

I presume the Live is the “Fire Wire”

1 Like

You got it right. :slight_smile:

Thank you, but what worked for me was… doing nothing!

I was busy for the last few days and simply left HASS.IO running, and yesterday the error has disappeared and I can control the gateway light. I am thinking that the problem maybe was the slowness of xiaomi chinese servers, after some time they processed whatever what needed and today it simply works.

So the way to get the password and local control working I posted is right (the tutorials I’ve seen are a little outdated and the names of the options are different).

Howdy all, can’t get my xiaomi gateway to work, checked and pycrypto is already installed :confused: config and error message -> https://hastebin.com/tukurifasa.coffeescript

Anyone have any ideas?

I’m trying to play a ring tone using the gateway with the latest Xiaomi component with no luck.

I keep getting

ERROR (Thread-6) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi] Unknown gateway sid: 086xxxx9fb80 was specified.

Here’s the payload passed in to the service:

{
 "gw_mac": "08:6X:XX:XX:FB:80",
  "ringtone_id": 5,
  "ringtone_vol": 8
}

All sensors work ok and can control the gateway light too.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I can’t get mine to work at all - but it might be the colons in your gw_mac (I’m not sure but think I might have saw that during all my reading trying to solve my issue)

Can I ask you a couple of Q’s about your config so I can solve my issues?

• in your configuration, did you capitolise your key?
  • what about your mac?
  • other than just adding the lines to the config and setting up your gateway, did you do anything else? (anything needing installed etc)