Xiaomi Gateway Integration

nop sorry, I don’t have that one :frowning:

First, I want to say thanks to Rave and Daniel for their work on xiaomi smart home devices support. You do a great job!

Now the bad part. It’s a bit pain for me to use these components. Two parallel branches that are frequently updating. You need to read commit messages to understand which one is more up-to-date. Rave’s branch still didn’t fix threading issue, it has some amount of frozen issues and pull requests.
Daniel’s branch looks more up-to-date for me, but these commit messages: “Update xiaomi.py”, “Update xiaomi.py” :confounded:

I’m waiting for the time when somebody of you will make a PR to main HA repo, so components will get a good code review, will become more stable and usable.

4 Likes

Two quick questions: I’ve been using a couple of Xiaomi sensors through my SmartThings hub and then into Home Assistant through the MQTT bridge. It works fine but of course everything is processed through the ST cloud servers. Does this integration work completely locally?

Second, I see there are new Temp sensors labeled Aqara and they include a Barometer. Are these currently supported? Thanks

I feel your pain :smiley:
I’ve also considered changing to Daniel’s branch but the lack of commit history put me away :confused: I’m not trying to criticize and I am very tankful for their work! But commit messages are important in this type of thing. Please don’t see this in a super negative way Daniel :slight_smile: Not my intention at all.

@rave said he would be submitting the component to HA soon…

1. the integration does work locally as long as you have a way to block the gateway from the internet (router firewall rules, use other subnet/vlan for IOT devices etc). If not the gw will talk to xiaomi servers, but this is NOT required behaviour for HA

2. AFAIK the new sensors are not yet fully working. Someone mentioned they had problems with the new square switch in the last week or two. IMO its only a matter of time…

Xiaomi wifi switch (@xavV) is working with the xiaomi gateway integration - see here
Maybe someone can merge the two into one platform?

1 Like

OK I have it working now it turns out that my router doesn’t play nice with the gateways multicast, so I have a new router in and its all working.

Hey Guys,
I’m trying to add a Xiaomi Aqara Window Door Sensor and a Xiaomi Aqara Temperature Humidity Sensor (the square shaped ones) to HA but i’m getting the below error. I’ve added the devices to the gateway and it says 2 devices so I think that is working OK. Since theses are my first 2 devices I just wanted to check they are unsupported atm and i’m not doing something dumb.

2017-06-06 06:34:40 ERROR (Thread-3) [custom_components.xiaomi] Unsupported devices :
Temp sensor
http://www.gearbest.com/access-control/pp_626702.htm
Door sensor
http://www.gearbest.com/access-control/pp_626703.html

sorry for the off-topic, just wondering why did you pick the Aqara vs the Xiaomi? are they better or something else? thanks!

I just thought they were the new version, they are both zigbee and use the hub so didnt think there was much difference beyond being newer.

1 Like

guys we need this integrated into HA! hehe. I can help with the documentation (doing it already with the xiaomi_vaccum soon to be approved component!). Let’s do it! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Aqara ones are just a slight redesign and improvement of the Mijia branded line. The unfortunate thing is that the software side is lagging behind and the gateway doesn’t support the Aqara sensor line yet

1 Like

Ah cool, thanks for that info, I’ll just have to wait a wee bit longer to have a play with it all.

Hey all,

I want to make a “true” security system based on xiaomi sensors and HA on a Pi zero. Can you help me on choosing following components ?

1. Alarm which can make some noise ! (gateway volume would make any thief to laugh :slight_smile: )
    I don’t have any rfxcom so I need to communicate with alarm via wifi (I’ll take 2 or 3 to put inside and outside the house)

2. Backup power (where I can plug gateway, PI zero, internet router and an alarm) (line interactive one)
    (I think I’ll take this one https://www.amazon.fr/Eaton-ELP650FR-Onduleur-Noir/dp/B00D13RF6U/ref=pd_cp_421_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4PV0MG227MF8XMMH7MWF)

3. An USB GSM key (If internet is down) Found this one : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00ORLBDPE/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1642&creative=19458&creativeASIN=B00ORLBDPE&linkCode=as2&tag=rosty-21 not sure it’s the best option.

If someone has already do this kind of choice it will save me hours digging forums looking for best option :slight_smile:

Thanks.

New FW arrived.

Any known changes?

I haven’t seen anything new so far.

Everything works here so far!

All good and working after the update.

Gateway updated to 1.4.1_147.0143 and Android app updated to 4.1.30
The new “square” temp & humidity sensors & new single-button wireless switch still don’t work.

They don’t show up on the Android app and the gateway sends empty model for the sensors & nothing when pressing the switch.

{“cmd”:“heartbeat”,“model”:"",“sid”:“158d00017xxxxx”,“short_id”:31890,“data”:"{“voltage”:2975}"}

1 Like