Xiaomi gateway not discovered

Hello I’m from China, this bug has been submitted to the engineer, I hope there will be a response

6 Likes

Nice! Did you also report the motion issue to the developer?

My new gateway on the older firmware has started losing connection the last 2 days…I also have a new router upstairs with the gateway

2017-08-29 13:23:44 ERROR (Thread-23) [PyXiaomiGateway] Unknown gateway ip 192.168.0.23
2017-08-29 13:23:54 ERROR (Thread-23) [PyXiaomiGateway] Unknown gateway ip 192.168.0.23
2017-08-29 13:24:04 ERROR (Thread-23) [PyXiaomiGateway] Unknown gateway ip 192.168.0.23
2017-08-29 13:24:14 ERROR (Thread-23) [PyXiaomiGateway] Unknown gateway ip 192.168.0.23

router is TP-Link Archer C7, if I connect it to my Asus RTAC68U it works fine. Is this a problem with the router or the gateway old firmware please? It does work fine for 12-18 hours via the TP-Link, then out of the blue is fails and get the error above.

Cheers
Mark

It looks like the gateway does a DHCP renewal and receives a new IP address. Please set the gateway to a fixed address.

I’m not from here (I’m using Openhab instead) and I received my Gateway last Friday. Since it I’m looking for a solution because I have the exact same problem as other users mentionned. At the same moment, another user on OH reported the same issue too.
The weird thing was that I’m talking with a german OH user which configured his gateway few days before without any trouble.

I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one and the problem have been submitted to the engineer. Thank you for your message. Do you have an URL to follow the fix activity about that issue please ?

Hmm odd, as it has had .23 since I installed it. I have added it as a fixed IP in my DHCP server, let’s see thanks.

You are right.

Here is the capture of nmap command

:

I have the same problem with Homebridge and Domoticz. They are talking (in French) about a similar problem with integration in Jeedom at:

https://www.jeedom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=29093&start=140

It seems to be a problem with activation of local lan communication protocol after updating firmware to 1.4.1_149. People who has activated it before updating don’t have the problem and can see their gateways in Jeedom.

Let’s hope they update soon!

1 Like

i have the same firmware and met the same issue.
already send a email to the developer of the xiaomi gateway. and i also heard some of my friend already talked to the customer service, hope it will be fixed soon.

Tonight at home I power-cycled the gateway. After that the gateway was gone in the Mi Home app.
I did a hard reset on the gateway and searched for the gateway in the Mi Home app again.
Once the gateway was connected to my WiFi network I enabled the LAN modus again.
After a restart of HA the gateway became available in HA. So with this my problem has solved.

3 Likes

How did you do the hard reset? Just push the gateway button multiple seconds?

Yes, that is correct. THat is how the Mi Home app shows how to do it.

And the nmap-command shows, that the port is open? Android or iOS?

Okay, I resetted the gateway, too. I configured it as a new device in the home app (Android) and BOOM! It is discovered by HA and nmap. Thanks for the hint! I already tried this way in the past days multiple times, but who knows, what is newly configured on the chinese servers…

The same applies to me. I tried to regenerate the key before resetting the device. It still didn’t work. After the hard reset everything went smooth. Nmap reports an open port now:

$ nmap -sU -p9898 192.168.130.63

Starting Nmap 7.40 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2017-08-29 20:50 CEST
Nmap scan report for lumi-gateway-v3-miio56801386.fritz.box (192.168.130.63)
Host is up (0.013s latency).
PORT     STATE SERVICE
9898/udp open  monkeycom
MAC Address: 34:CE:FF:FF:FF:FF (Unknown)

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.56 seconds

I’m still having problems with discovering the gateway, even though nmap reports the port as being open:

sudo nmap -sU -p9898 192.168.1.157

Starting Nmap 7.60 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2017-08-29 23:11 WEST
Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.157
Host is up (0.031s latency).

PORT     STATE SERVICE
9898/udp open  monkeycom
MAC Address: 34:CE:FF:FF:FF:FF (Xiaomi Electronics,co.)

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.33 seconds

I’m using the following configuration:

xiaomi:
  gateways:
   - mac:
     key: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
     discovery_retry: 10

The gateway is still unable to be found. Any ideas? Is there any way to explicitly tell HA which IP the gateway is using? Btw, I’m using hass.io

No you cannot tell HA the IP address of your gateway explicit. If you are using docker you must set “network_mode: host”.

cp. Xiaomi Gateway not working when running home assistant in docker · Issue #8929 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Same thing here. Thank you.

same thing here. after hard reset, it’s working now.

Reset the gateway and re-add into MiHome App did the work. Thanks PatteWi.

But for the nmap, I still got “open|filtered” state. Did not check Wireshark though.