Xiaomi Human / Body / Motion Sensor - Timeout

Found it! from 0.89 when I want to use custom component I have to use all file of that component not only one file binary_sensor.py like before!

Correct! Also the __init__.py is required now.

Sorry for my confusion but there isn’t a defined set of instructions for this and looking through this thread, things have changed.

So for me to get this working I need to do the following? …

1. Mod the sensor
  2. Create the /custom_components/xiaomi_aqara/ folder
  3. Put init.py and binary_sensor.py in the /custom_components/xiaomi_aqara/ folder
  4. NO changes to configuration.yaml to use the custom component?
  5. Reboot HA

Win?

Step 3 isn’t correct. You’ve to use/copy all files of this directory: https://github.com/syssi/home-assistant/tree/feature/xiaomi-aqara-modded-motion-sensor/homeassistant/components/xiaomi_aqara

and put them in /custom_components/xiaomi_aqara/ folder ?

Exactly! :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, so for me and other people joining this thread, the procedure is…

1. Mod the motion sensor(s) (all sensors HAVE to be modded on the same gateway)
  2. Create the /custom_components/xiaomi_aqara/ folder
  3. Use/copy all files of this directory: https://github.com/syssi/home-assistant/tree/feature/xiaomi-aqara-modded-motion-sensor/homeassistant/components/xiaomi_aqara and put in the newly created /custom_components/xiaomi_aqara/ folder
  4. Reboot HA

NOTE: NO changes to configuration.yaml necessary

9 Likes

Hi @syssi, I’m using your mod for a month. It works very well with the modified sensor. Have you ever thought of making your change official by creating a PR with a “modified motion sensor” option ?

I’m working on a solution to enable the hack per motion sensor. I don’t like the current solution: Modify all sensors or none.

2 Likes

That would be cool!:+1:

I have added those xiaomi motion sensor… In deconz/phoscon I see a temperature value, but not in hassio? Is that normal? Or not implemented?

When i copy those files into this folder on my rasp, my hassio does not start correctly after a reboot. I am able to access my files via samba but i cannot reach the web interface.
When i delete those files again, hassio starts up without any problems.

Have i forgotten something?

Yes, your logs.

Maybe check the permissions of the folder

what do you mean mod the sensor? the hardware mod someone posted time ago?

This is the hardware modification: https://community.smartthings.com/t/making-xiaomi-motion-sensor-a-super-motion-sensor/139806

3 Likes

i did the hardware modification but i’m stuck as the guy you responded to, does ha come with a new user, group? because i checked the permission and they’re ok. The log of ha won’t log anything if i put the folder and files in custom_components

needs to be…

/custom_components/xiaomi_aqara/

yeah those files are in hafolder/custom_components/xiaomi_aqara/ but i don’t know what’s the problem, I did everything of your procedure but on ha restart it just won’t start and even the log won’t record anything so i don’t know how to troubleshoot it

Hi,

I have 4 xiaomi pir sensors, they all work verry good, but occasionally 1 of them, at random order is failing

I don’t see them as detected in HA, they don’t change state… (Motion not detected)
I am using deconz/conbee…

I have they idea they sometimes switch to another router or just loose link… A few minutes later, it’s working again