Xiaomi Human / Body / Motion Sensor - Timeout

This is great, thank you so much! Thanks to the hardware hack and your solution I can do miracles now with the Aquara sensors :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a million for this :smiley:

Works perfectly!!!

So much better than me trying to solder little bits & breaking things!

Wow, this is cool, but isn’t a one-time configure not enough? Is it not persistent?

I have not tested it yet, so it actually means that also the state in phoscon is changing every 5 sec? Or is it still there in motion detected state? So there is just another event coming in?

Because I saw a hack earlier, to just set the state to OFF on a binary sensor after 5 sec, but that didn’t work either

I changed over to it this morning, and can confirm that it works & is persistent.

I have been walking back & forth and it spots me every time.

It’s not simply resetting the state, the sensor ‘cools down’ after 5 seconds - and is ready to detect again.

(With deConz, Conbee 2, Hassio on a Pi 4)

1 Like

cool, so we can delete that automation after the first restart of HA, its not needed anymore, only if you want to go back to the 90 sec default setiing
so in other words, you see the “motion deteced” / “not detected” state in phoscon changing every 5 sec?
so also, the binary sensor in HA actually changing every 5 sec?

Yes in Phoscon, and Yes in binary sensor :slight_smile:

I’ve left the automation in, so it’s easy to change the duration.

Plus, if anyone is looking in the windows they probably think I’ve gone crazy walking back and forth the past few hours!

cool, gonna try out , thnx for feedback

And btw, there is no impact on battery with this duration change?

Too early to say I imagine, there should be some hit I guess.

ok, tested it out, indeed the “motion not detected” state is indeed trigger after 5 sec in phoscon
however, after the 5 sec , i dont see any new “motion detected” anymore
so i can dance for 60 seconds, before i see the new motion detected message
so set the duration for 60 seconds instead of 90 , is indeed better, i dont have the 30 sec ghost then
using conbee 1 here

Yeah I can confirm this. My lights do turn off, but won’t turn back on if it’s too fast. But this is different per sensor, so it’s very strange. Also I have to mention that somehow one of my sensors doesn’t work with the script. It still stays on after 5s. And I’ve come to realise that the sensors al have different scan intervals it seems. One stopt after 2min, another after 5min.

I think I’m just gonna do the hardware mod and be done with it. Consistency is key with home automation.

Yes, i can confirm the different scan interval… I have some with 2 min, other with 5… Seems it’s since the new .74 update… Do you also recent installed .74 and noticed the different scan interval?

I installed 6 sensors at my brother’s. They were never opened before and it was a new install. So I used the sensors as they came out the blx.

Which .74 update do you mean? I have the sensors connected via Conbee II and Deconz btw.

Yes, I also opened this in GitHub…
Someone else confirming this is an issue since .74 deconz… If he rollsback to .73 , the sensors are back at the default scan interval/timeout… 2 min instead of 5

Ah yes, I have updated Deconz add-on to 5.3 (which updates to 0.74 according to the changelog). I suppose somehow the automation to change it to 5 seconds doesn’t stick to one of my sensors, which explains why it’s suddenly 5min.

Guess the hardware mod is the only real solution. It does baffle me why we can’t just change the scan inverval on a firmware basis through either Deconz or HA

ok, too bad i cant rollback in hassos, to indeed confirm it as an issue with .74 :frowning:

I have not updated Deconz on my own setup fortunately. But since it might be a bug and I don’t know how to roll back, I haven’t updated mine yet. So I cannot confirm if it’s due to the update.

I’ve tried the solution posted by marcelod (the automation service one) and after deleting and adding the sensor it works as expected, but after some time suddenly I experienced the problem about the sensor trigger after 5 seconds but is not capable of detecting new motion for about 60sec later.

The strange part is if i delete the sensor, re-pair it in the deconz addon and run the automation again it will work for sometime.

I use conbee II as a gateway and using the 5.3 version of the Deconz addon.

Any Ideas or suggestions of what to do?

1 Like

Did you do the hardware mod? Because without mod it won’t work as already mentioned before.
I have done one sensor soldering and 2 sensors modded with electric paint. Electric paint is really easy to use cheap and works like a charm.

2 Likes

My bad here, you are totally right without the mod the solution works for some hours and then it gets back to the 1 minute refresh time between states.
I end up doing the hardware mod soldering (didn’t know about that electric paint, which looks more easy to use) + the automation by marcelod and now everything works as expected.

2 Likes