Xiaomi Lumi gateway now listing tradfri devices!

I read sometime ago that there would be a collaboration starting between Xiaomi and Ikea.
Today while adding a device I saw tradfri devices listed in the Xiaomi app!

Happy to see that . My question to tradfri users using the Ikea gateway: is this happening also on the Ikea app?

I ask because, having the possibility to chose, I would prefer my data go to a swedish cloud after all :slight_smile:

Can’t confirm that. What gateway are you using?
Got no luck in tradfri app either.

Ah. I see what you mean. The Ikea bulbs are listed in the selection menu of the mihome app.
I’m not sure if I wanna try it,but tomorrow I will examine if that really works. Thanks for the heads-up @dvbit

1 Like

works correctly :slight_smile:

The problem here is that in the swedish world,you need to take for example an already paired remote,hold it near the Xiaomi device and pair it that way. I don’t know if it works. Ikea doesn’t name Xiaomi in their app. Xiaomi the other way round does name Ikea and Phillips.
Also, I’m not sure if you do wanna do that. Ikea Gateway often crashes and needs a reboot imho.
Crazy.

Yep I meant that in the mi app the ikea devices are now visible and working.
I was wondering if the opposite was true

Hi! Do you mean you got an Ikea bulb working in Mi Home? I kwow many who saw the bulbs shown in Mi Home, but they failed trying to pair them with the Xiaomi zeegbee gateway (the Xiaomi app just suggests a pairing method which I think should be similar to the one used for pairing a tradfri with a Philips Hue hub). Many try, with no success as far as I know…

Not tried. No tradfri bulbs here.
Someone suggested a pairing procedure in this thread

Ciao da Roma

tonight I managed to configure an ikea lamp with hub xiaomi.but discovery on HA do not find a smart Lamp ikea. you have a idea for work with him?

Ciao from Italy

It’s glad to know the xiaomi integration works with the Ikea light bulbs on the mihome app! May I know if there are any specific steps to pair the light bulbs, such as the distance between the xiaomi gateway and the bulb?

Thanks

Hey there, you have to switch the wall switch fast six times in a row after that the integration will probably work - you also can plug the gateway near the device while pairing. But till now it seems that you cant controll the ikea bulbs with home assistant through xiaomi