Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier support?

I just got this up and running using the Mi Home App.
http://www.mi.com/en/air2/

Would love to see support for this device in Home Assistant.
Would it require the Xiaomi gateway or can it be done without?

The gateway supports these (zigbee) sensors/devices:

Based on this I dont think the air purifier requires the g/w

That means it should be possible to integrate directly as a component?

No. Because the device is not supported by the gateway. The component talks to the gateway.

Mission impossible?

What would be the steps needed to have it integrated with HA?

Your best bet would be if someone already write some python to integrate with its API.
I didn’t see anything with a (very cursory) google.
This would rely on the API being sniffable etc to reverse engineer the protocol etc.

1 Like

Here it is written how to sniff the protocol for the Xiaomi Vaccum Cleaner: https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.robot.xiaomi-mi. For the Air purifier it should be the same way.

Actually the protocol is fully reverse engineered already. The discussion is in german in this forum. Based on this knowledge a python package for the Xiaomi vacuum cleaner has been created. The air purifier protocol is the same, so implementation is easy now.

2 Likes

Awesome! That sounds really promising. Just a matter of time before there is a polished HA integration for the vacuum it sounds like!
Then the purifier would likely follow =)

Actually thinking about getting the Vacuum as well.

Me too. Know two people who bought it and they are pretty happy with it.

The lower-level protocol is indeed the same, so adding support for air purifier should be fairly easy to do. If someone wants to step up and make it happen feel free to ask if you have any questions. Maybe the part (mirobo/protocol.py) could be made more generic, and re-used directly for the control script.

A very basic HA integration for the vacuum is already there in the repository but as the procedure for getting the token requires some effort I haven’t had time to invest on writing about it – proper instructions would be required before trying to get it into the home assistant’s repository.

Sorry to say, my dev/python skills are not at that level. I´ll be happy to test things out once it gets there.
Hopefully someone with more skills can take lead on this.

I can definitely recommend the purifier btw :wink: :wink:

Me and my girlfriends sleep has improved alot since we got this thing.

Sorry for the cross-post (Xiaomi mi wifi plug & air purifier).

Can somebody provide the response of

miio --control 192.168.x.y --method get_prop --params "['power', 'aqi', 'humidity', 'temp_dec', 'mode', 'led', 'led_b', 'buzzer', 'child_lock', 'limit_hum', 'trans_level', 'bright', 'favorite_level', 'filter1_life', 'act_det', 'f1_hour_used', 'use_time', 'motor1_speed']"

Please specify the version/type of your device also. :slight_smile: It would be very helpful to make progress with

miio --control 192.168.2.118 --method get_prop --params '["power", "aqi", "humidity", "temp_dec", "mode", "led", "led_b", "buzzer", "child_lock", "limit_hum", "trans_level", "bright", "favorite_level", "filter1_life", "act_det", "f1_hour_used", "use_time", "motor1_speed"]'
 INFO  Attempting to control 192.168.2.118

INFO  Got result:
[
  "on",
  "auto",
  "on",
  "on",
  "off",
  null,
  null,
  null,
  null,
]

Here you go. I had to change ’ to " and vice versa.
The model is:
Model info: zhimi.airpurifier.m1 (air-purifier)

It’s a Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2.

1 Like

Hi! Anyone knows how to link a Mi Air Purifier PRO with Google Home? After linking Mi Home account it doesn’t appear on Google Home app… thanks in advance!

1 Like

This support would be awesome!!