Xiaomi Mi Plants Monitor Flower

Hello,

To use the xiaomi plant with HA, is needed a bluetooth connection? There is no other option?

thanks

You do need a BLE connection, there is no other option as far as I know as they are BLE devices.

I’ll give it a look to. TY

ok. I’ll try to reinstall it. TY for your support :slight_smile:

Ok. Now it seems work.

Below what I’ve done as root:

apt-get update && apt-get -y upgrade
apt-get -y install build-essential checkinstall cython3 git htop libgcrypt11-dev libgnutls28-dev libudev-dev libyaml-dev python3-dev python3-pip python3-setuptools python3-sphinx vim python3-venv nmap
apt-get install --upgrade pi-bluetooth
apt-get install --upgrade bluez
apt-get install --upgrade bluez-firmware
apt-get install bluetooth bluez blueman
reboot

sudo bluetoothctl

in the [bluetooth]
agent on
default-agent

For those of you wanting to use this sensor under Windows look at the following thread Running Home Assistant on windows

I just received my flower sensor! Is there an updated working step-by-step guide that anyone can share or link to? Is the first post in the thread working?

//F

What platform are you running on? Linux?

Ohh, forgot to write that… i’m running The latest version of Hassbian on a Raspberry Pi

ThIs is all you need: https://home-assistant.io/components/sensor.miflora/

From yesterda, without any action, mi flora started working again!

Mine to, very strange :smiley: but welcome back, I have no clue why they suddenly started working again.

It’s magically magic! :joy:

Can these be used outdoors? I haven’t found anywhere that says they can’t and the way they’re constructed seems like it’d keep water out.

Woho! Got it up and running together with my rPi3.

Sooo,what to do with the data now…does anyone know where to get the “limits” for the different plants? and how is fertility level calculated?

1 Like

I have my data in Grafana (via Influx DB). There I have a user that can view the data only and it accessible from the web. Pretty nice.

Values are something you might find by trial and error. Check the values before and after you water your plants… Or let grafana show you min/max over some period. Then adjust watering…

Mine is outdoors on my balcony.

I created an automation that plays a TTS alarm when the plants have ‘needs’.
I may in time change this to the alert component, but you get the idea.

- alias: Text-to-speech reminder to water the plants

trigger:
      - platform: time
        minutes: 15
        seconds: 00

condition:
      - condition: state
        entity_id: sensor.someone_home
        state: 'yes'
      - condition: numeric_state
        entity_id: sensor.miflora1_moisture
        below: 15
      - condition: template
        value_template: "{{ states.sensor.time_of_day.state != 'unknown' }}"
      - condition: template
        value_template: "{{ states.sensor.time_of_day.state != 'night' }}"

action:
      - service: media_player.turn_on
        entity_id: media_player.google_home
      - service: media_player.volume_set
        data:
          volume_level: 0.70
      - service: light.turn_on
        data:
          entity_id: group.all_livingroom_lights
          flash: short
      - service: tts.google_say
        data_template:
          message: "Measured moisture for planter outside is {{ states.sensor.miflora1_moisture.state }} percent.. Water plants."
1 Like

Hello to everyone,

I have 1 Miflora device, but also i have special network topology and i dunno if i can integrate in HA now a days.

I have 2 raspberry PI, 1 Raspberry 3 where is working now like a VPN server in the main network (192.168.1.0/24) and second raspberry pi b+, where is working HA. This last raspberry is in other network (192.168.0.0/24).

As first Raspberry pi has BLE in hardware, yesterday i linked with the miflora.

The question is It’s possible to pass data from Miflora connected on raspberry pi 3 to the raspberry pi with HA or maybe all must be in the same network?
In the case that this is possible, then i must use the the starndard configuration of Miflora in HA?

https://home-assistant.io/components/sensor.miflora/.

I have a project to put all in the same raspberry pi, but now i don’t have time till next month.

thanks

1 Like

Install HASS on the BLE rpi. Configure an MQTT broker on the rpi3. Configure MQTT Eventstream between the two rpi’s. https://home-assistant.io/components/mqtt_eventstream/

1 Like