Xiaomi Mi Plants Monitor Flower

You’re thinking of the ESP32.

Hi guys,
Is there a way to manually force this sensor to be updated ?
thanks

I all,

I like this implementation very much but I was wondering if is somehow possible to implement lux accumulation against lux instant values.

I was thinking of using integration sensor for it.

What do you think about it?

I received two new mi flora sensors. They have firmware 3.2.1 even though the mi home app says 3.1.9 is the latest. I’m using plant gateway on a pi zero and get errors in base.py and bluepy.py. Also there is no moisture and temperature information from that sensor, the other values are displayed.

Does anybody know what it could be?

Unless you add an hm10 module to it ble is not embedded

Another problem here - no idea what is happening.
It looks like my Mi Flora shuts down the illuminance sensor when it reaches 10K lux. I have never succeeded reading anything above 10K.
Also the reading is hugely inconsistent with my other flora lightness level - 4 lux vs 2400 lux. And I strongly believe that the 4 lux is the wrong one. It’s pretty sunny today. Has anyone had similar problems?

I have several (~15) Mi Flora sensors and regularly see readings over 10K, and they all look pretty consistent to me.

I use plantgw on a Pi Zero and MQTT.

miflora

Ordered a plant monitor that looked a lot like a Mi Flora hoping it would be compatible.

It appears to be- I have sensors for Lux, Conductivity, Moisture, Temperature and Battery, but even after running all day I don’t have any state history in the sensor detail screens… is this normal?

No, I have the data a lot quicker with the Mi Flora sensor.

When you say ‘data’… are you speaking of sensor readings in general or state history as derived from the ‘recorder’ and ‘history’ components?

Because I have data readings…
Capture013

…I just don’t have a state history.
Capture014

…wasn’t sure if recording was disabled within the addon by default or if this is just a symptom of my crippled install limping along, begging to be put out of it’s misery and rebuilt from scratch with better hardware.

I have a history of it

Deleted database. Waited an hour. Have a history now.

…I’ll feel much better about my install once it’s on something other than an SD card.

Maybe a stupid thing, but are you maybe filtering your logger, Recorder in your configuration.yaml? That will cause no history to be logged if it’s not included.

Edit: Got it working by activating it in the flower care app first.

No. Something is, and has been, wrong with my install for some time now. i’m running on a Pi3 via SD still and… it’s just not a great setup for something with near constant database activity.

I’ve gone through several installs that have all had what I believe are SD-related failures and after I lost my basic lovelace customizations in an update a couple weeks ago… I’m mostly acquiring hardware and seeing how it integrates into HASS at this point. Treading water and not making forward progress until I do something that looks like going down the path towards either m.2 storage or HDD\SDD storage.

Default everything and rebuild from scratch.

Point being… my database was corrupted… again. deleted the db and sensors started being logged.

Hmm. I’m running exactly the same setup and didn’t have any problems so far. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

I have a problem with one sensor that I have for over 1 year.
I have an empty history for some time and I cannot synchronize data.
Sync progress goes, but finally I get the message “sync failed …”
I replaced the battery - it didn’t help.

Real-time data work fine

Anyone know how to manually clean the sensor memory?

try using the plant app on your phone?

This is only post I could find for Northfifteen rebranded mi flora device. What firmware version are you using? I bought the same NorthFifteen branded one but the firmware is stuck at 2.7.0. This firmware version does not work with esp32/esphome. I tried spoofing the GPS and Chinese server to get Flower App to bind this. Flower app does binds this divice and says new firmware available but fails during downloading the firmware. So, I am not able to connect using espHome to Home Assistant. What method are you using to connect this to home assistant? Thanks!