Xiaomi Mi Plants Monitor Flower

this is just over bluetooth, correct?

My plants are outside, I doubt will get coverage

@anon35356645 Yes, it’s through Bluetooth.

Nice - thanks a lot.

I found directory for hass: miflora but since I’m just a newby for raspberry pi, I would just wait for next HA upgrade for now.

Hi Openha,

Ver.1.12 in home assistant works great. Great work.

I saw from your github “https://github.com/open-homeautomation/miflora/tree/master/dist” that there is already v.1.13

Will it be updated in home assistant as well?

Thanks.

Hello,

i just installed MiFlora this weekend and it worked smoothly with my plant outside but during the night it felt kind of hell - the temperature showed 6500 ° C instead of minus 6 degrees. Someone else had these problems before? I am not sure if it’s hardware or software problem.

Thanks.

I have not seen that problem, but I have “median: 3”, so if you one value is completely off it will be filtered out

Anyone having problems getting the values after the 2.7.0 firmware upgrade? I upgraded before I put the sensor in HA config, and it doesn’t seem to work.

I had issues too. I changed the requirement of the sensor/miflora.py to use version 0.1.14 until it is updated in a future release. 2.7.0 updates work now.

1 Like

I’m running Home Assistant via Docker (on Unraid, before that OMV, before that Debian, etc) and I’m unable to get BLE to work inside the Home Assistant container. Does anyone know how to get this working?

Another solution would be to connect my Mi Flora Plant Sensor to another instance of Home Assistant running natively on a Raspberry Pi 3 (which I’m going to spread a few around the house anyway for Multi-Room audio/video (Kodi/Emby + Mopidi)), this would be quite ideal since this will give me Bluetooth coverage around the house. However I’m completely lost at the Master-Slave / Multiple Instances setup and configuration for HASS, I’ve searched the community/reddit/github/docs. :confused:

I’m aware that my problem doesn’t lie solely with this Sensor, but I didn’t know where else to post. (A)

1 Like

Let’s us know how you go… I had the same idea with multiple pi’s for more Bluetooth range.

How good and accurate is the light sensor on this thing? Need a light sensor to use in automation rules for the house lights. Wonder if this thing will suffice

It only pushes the light info every ~15 min. otherwise the battery would die quickly. So it cannot be used for real-time applications.

Well more then enough for the automation rules to judge on overal luminosity. Thank you

1 Like

how to get the mac address of the Mi Flora? Any easy way? The app is all chinese, my router has 200+connections

just got one for this exact purpose. testing now

No HA is pulling the data from the sensor, and you can customize how often you want to update

not encouraging

17-01-12 09:04:54 homeassistant.components.sensor: Setting up sensor.miflora
17-01-12 09:04:54 homeassistant.core: Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state sensor.flower_1_conductivity=unknown; unit_of_measurement=µS/cm, friendly_name=Flower 1 Conductivity @ 2017-01-12T09:04:54.478818+01:00>, entity_id=sensor.flower_1_conductivity, old_state=None>
17-01-12 09:04:54 homeassistant.core: Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state sensor.flower_1_moisture=unknown; unit_of_measurement=%, friendly_name=Flower 1 Moisture @ 2017-01-12T09:04:54.481934+01:00>, entity_id=sensor.flower_1_moisture, old_state=None>
17-01-12 09:04:54 homeassistant.core: Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state sensor.flower_1_light_intensity=unknown; unit_of_measurement=lux, friendly_name=Flower 1 Light intensity @ 2017-01-12T09:04:54.486887+01:00>, entity_id=sensor.flower_1_light_intensity, old_state=None>
17-01-12 09:04:54 homeassistant.core: Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state sensor.flower_1_temperature=unknown; unit_of_measurement=°C, friendly_name=Flower 1 Temperature @ 2017-01-12T09:04:54.491030+01:00>, entity_id=sensor.flower_1_temperature, old_state=None>
17-01-12 09:04:54 homeassistant.core: Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state sensor.flower_1_battery=unknown; unit_of_measurement=%, friendly_name=Flower 1 Battery @ 2017-01-12T09:04:54.494097+01:00>, entity_id=sensor.flower_1_battery, old_state=None>
17-01-12 09:04:54 homeassistant.core: Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state sensor.yr_symbol=4; entity_picture=//api.met.no/weatherapi/weathericon/1.1/?symbol=4;content_type=image/png, attribution=Weather forecast from yr.no, delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the NRK., friendly_name=yr Symbol @ 2017-01-12T09:04:54.934490+01:00>, entity_id=sensor.yr_symbol, old_state=<state sensor.yr_symbol=unknown; entity_picture=//api.met.no/weatherapi/weathericon/1.1/?symbol=None;content_type=image/png, attribution=Weather forecast from yr.no, delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the NRK., friendly_name=yr Symbol @ 2017-01-12T09:04:53.943130+01:00>>

It may take some minutes after you have started hass, before new values show up.

very cool idea.

I am more lost then you, and I will have additional problem that some pi3 will have to run on wifi and not ethernet.

p.s. in addition, if possible, is good to have redundancy for HASS instances