Xiaomi Mi Plants Monitor Flower

Try …
sudo apt-get install pi-bluetooth

Installed.

But if i try to continue with sudo hciconfig hci0 up i still receive error: “Can’t get device info: No such device”.

Check your file sudo nano /boot/config.txt for an entry like

dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt
and make sure this line is commented out by adding a # at the beginning of the line. Its usually at the bottom of the file.

I found this entry commented:

Uncomment this to enable the lirc-rpi module
dtoverlay=lirc-rpi

OK, that about exhausted my knowledge of BT on the pi, I would probably reinstall at this point :frowning:

And mine is no better the plant monitors all return 0 :frowning:

My git’s read me specifies how I did to get it working. If you’re reinstalling it might be worth a look:

Thanks, I’ll give it a look :slight_smile:

Hello,

To use the xiaomi plant with HA, is needed a bluetooth connection? There is no other option?

thanks

You do need a BLE connection, there is no other option as far as I know as they are BLE devices.

I’ll give it a look to. TY

ok. I’ll try to reinstall it. TY for your support :slight_smile:

Ok. Now it seems work.

Below what I’ve done as root:

apt-get update && apt-get -y upgrade
apt-get -y install build-essential checkinstall cython3 git htop libgcrypt11-dev libgnutls28-dev libudev-dev libyaml-dev python3-dev python3-pip python3-setuptools python3-sphinx vim python3-venv nmap
apt-get install --upgrade pi-bluetooth
apt-get install --upgrade bluez
apt-get install --upgrade bluez-firmware
apt-get install bluetooth bluez blueman
reboot

sudo bluetoothctl

in the [bluetooth]
agent on
default-agent

For those of you wanting to use this sensor under Windows look at the following thread Running Home Assistant on windows

I just received my flower sensor! Is there an updated working step-by-step guide that anyone can share or link to? Is the first post in the thread working?

//F

What platform are you running on? Linux?

Ohh, forgot to write that… i’m running The latest version of Hassbian on a Raspberry Pi

ThIs is all you need: https://home-assistant.io/components/sensor.miflora/

From yesterda, without any action, mi flora started working again!

Mine to, very strange :smiley: but welcome back, I have no clue why they suddenly started working again.

It’s magically magic! :joy: