Xiaomi / Mi servers unavailable

I couldn’t find another thread yet. Does anyone else has problems to use the Mi app? I tried to set up new devices and it fails. I even can’t see the status of some devices (motion sensor, leak sensor) in the Mi app :frowning:

I’ve explained the possible reasons and a solution here:

It’s not an easy solution and requires some knowledge on configuring your router.

Doesn’t make any sense.

Google Assistant now supports the Mi Home app. I switched to this from the Yeelight app. Even though Yeelight was Singapore, I also have 2 of the Xiaomi WiFi switches and they were on Mainland China but they both use the same Mi Home Account. So when I linked the Mi Home app to Google Assistant, it shows the Yeelights and the Switches. I have noticed the last few nights that when I say OK Google lights off it says it can’t talk to Mi Home but the lights still turn off and I can turn them on in a scene as well.

Home assistant talks directly to your Xiaomi hub and bulbs. No need for the servers to be reachable to turn them on/off

Thanks kirichkov, I’ll try that when I’m back from my business trip.

Right before I left I was able to connect the the Dafang camera - so hopefully it was only a temporary outage? But I’ll try those static DNS entries for sure!

I’m aware of that but voice command is using Google Assistant and it 50% of the time says unable to contact Mi Home when I say lights off - but the lights turn off. I don’t have those lights exposed to Google Assistant - the only way they can be turned off is through Google. If I was at my computer, I can switch on/off via dashboard and my scene is also running on HA but turning them off through Google - only via mi home. Weird thing as I said is that it turns off perfectly despite complaining.

Unfortunately I don’t use Google Assistant so I can’t offer any advice.

I don’t think any advice is needed… it’s just how it is. As I said, it still works in spite of the message.