Xiaomi Mijia bluetooth temperature & humidity sensor compatibility

I just watched this tutorial video by intermit tech video about these the other day, and stumbled across this post. Just thought I’d put it here incase its helpful to anyone! He uses ESP32’s with ESPHome to connect to multiple thermostats across his house.

1 Like

Any idea if gatttool exists for esp8266 ? That way you would make your own BT/WIFI gateway.

If you want to communicate with BLE beacons thanks to an esp8266 you need to add an HM10 module. Once the HM10 connected you can scan beacons and mi flora mi jia with OpenMQTTGateway.

İ gues that way more pratical

just Watch

Order the bits Have 2 coming Will keep you update

How fast will these sensors report states? I previously asked about a sensor for a humidity spike application (turns a fan on if a humidity rises rapidly) for WiFi, but I haven’t found anything decent.

Would this sensor fit the bill? How decent is the Bluetooth range?

The documentation says:
" Note that by default the sensor is only polled once every 5 minutes. […] Even though the hardware is able to provide new values every second, room temperatures don’t change that quickly. Reducing polling intervals will have a negative effect on the battery life. "

I didn’t find the variable to change the polling interval, so I tried to change it with “polling_interval”, but I get this error: “Your configuration contains extra keys that the platform does not support.
Please remove [polling_interval]. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 38).”

At least 8 meters, I have made some measurements below :

@tsymbaliuk I’ve compiled and tested your C++ code. It works nicely! Didn’t realize the sensor sends data every second. I’d imagine it would kill the batt :slight_smile: Can you please share your Python code by any chance?

Anyone got the sensor into HA via the Ceiling Lamp as it can also act as a Bluetooth gateway?!

There’s a new hygrometer thermometer/clock with the nice e-ink screen AND BT connectivity that seems to have the best of both worlds…
https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mijia-BT4_0-Wireless-Smart-Electric-Digital-IndoorOutdoor-Hygrometer-Thermometer-Clock-Tools-Set-p-1447044.html?gmcCountry=SE&createTmp=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc_ods&utm_content=nancy&utm_campaign=cdm-3DPS-180-pur&ad_id=310119446360&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-r-Es6Wd4gIVF8d3Ch151ggeEAEYASACEgIUtvD_BwE&cur_warehouse=CN

Already in the train/plane/boat to my home :slight_smile: for testing and integration to OpenMQTTGateway

1 Like

Please note that it is 3$ less in aliexpress:

Has anyone got one of the new Xiaomi Mijia Cleargrass Hygrometer to work with Home Assistant?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32990058321.html

I’ve been trying to get it to work without any success. It works with the Mi Home app, but I can’t get it to read values from Gatttool, except for manufacturer info, firmware version and model version.

It is now integrated into Openmqttgateway

can you do me favour and show me a example cut and paste for the code to make clear grass work?

The code is here:

The setup guide is here:

For the last two weeks, the Xiaomi Mi temp / humidity component throws this warning a few hours to a few days after a restart of Hass.io:

_Polling error [Errno 32] Broken pipe
5:06 components/mitemp_bt/sensor.py (WARNING)_

After this warning message, the sensor data stop updating and my graphs show a flat line. Here are the error messages in log when it can’t poll the sensor.

Updating mitemp_bt sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30
10:20 helpers/entity_platform.py (WARNING) - message first occured at 5:07 and shows up 607 times

Getting the sensor closer does not change anything. The battery is almost new (shows 78%) and I can poll it from my phone with the Xiaomi home app.
Only a fresh restart of Hass.io will make the sensor work again. In my case, the issue started after updating to Hass.io 0.96.

Has anyone seen the same problem ?

Thanks
Mat

I have same problem, the restart helped a couple of times but it has stopped completely now. First time just a flat line shown, now the state of “NaN” is appeard. The first measuring worked after it the measuring stopped. I tried lot of configuration without any succes. I removed the mitemp_bt sensor for now. It seems a bluetooth handling problem with the new python as I read.

Thanks for your feedback. At least, I am not the only one here.
I also have the NaN measurement just after I restart Home Assistant, but it lasts maximum 5min before it acquires a new measurement