Xiaomi Remote for Philips lights

Does anyone know if this is / will be supported by Home Assistant? There is not a whole lot of info at the Gearbest website :frowning:

http://www.gearbest.com/led-accessories/pp_633590.html

It looks a lot like the IKEA tradfri remote? I thought the price is about the same. In that case the IKEA would be a more safe choice i think?

The IKEA tradfri is a zigbee device. The remote control for the Philips LED Ceiling lamp is either Bluetooth or WiFi. There is not much information about. It’s not supported currently by home assistant. Just one thing: If you turn on the light by the remote control home assistant will know about (via the state of the lamp) it and change the state of the ceiling lamp (with a latency of 30 seconds max).

If this could pass dimming commands to HASS this would be awesome!

At the moment I’m using Gen 1 Xiaomi Switch Buttons to turn Wifi bulbs on and off. But a wireless dimming function would be great.

1 Like

I agree… to the extent that I am currently investigating building my own wifi soft “dimmer” switch based off a ESP8266 (sonoff basic) and a rotary encoder. I’ll post about it if/when I get it working.

1 Like

It’s a bluetooth remote control which want to be paired with a ceiling lamp. Bluetooth pairing and receiving commands with HA will be tricky.

I have rotary encoders and a load of NodeMCU’s/Wemos D1 Minis so if you need someone to test let me know, would be very interested in this :slight_smile:

It may be a while yet - this is the current state of the project:

Ordered USB-UART is taking an age to arrive. I suspect a UK ebayer may not really be in the UK :frowning:

I’ll probably try using ESP-Easy 1st as it supports rotary encoder with no coding.
If not I’ll need to roll my sleeves up and get coding :slight_smile: (well more like hacking other peoples work)

My project progressed:

I would also be intrested to see this integrated as it is not only a dimmer, color temp selector switch but also a tempreture and humidity sensor. As it is bluetooth, would be great to use the temp. data in automations.

BTW the Xiaomi thermostat (the one with LCD on it) may be similar to this, at least it also uses BLE.

I guess someone would need to analyze and reverse engineer the communication of this device to find out more about possible integration. I would give it a try but not sure where to start.
Anyone who could point me into the right direction? Thanks.

Hi, was there ever any progress with this? Thanks.