Xiaomi sensors show up but don't update on new VM Hass.io instance

I got the same issue, got hassio on a VM, the Xiaomi sensors are show but not updating

I never did figure this problem out :frowning:

I would love if someone smarter than me could figure it out, I’d love to run HA in a VM. My suspicion is that the problem lies somewhere with how VirtualBox manages multicast to the guest machine. I think I’ve seen people in the virtualbox forums complain about multicast issues.

Anyone have any ideas?

Having the same problem, in my case I’m using Synology virtual machine manager which is based on qemu

I’ve been updating this thread with my findings, add your comments if you want to help fix the issue! https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/21250

same issue here. Did a test copy of my Hassio instance to Oracle VM running Ubuntu on win 10. Xiaomi sensors etc all found on discovery and then that’s it. No updates, no log entries.

Pi Hassio instance working fine still.

Certainly a multicast issue with VM.

Same problem here. Using HASSIO on VirtualBox. Xiaomi Hub and sensors detected, but no actions update. Any solution avaliabe?

Has anyone been able to find a solution to this problem??? I would really like to run HASSIO in a VM due to the simplicity/portability of it, however I need the Xiaomi stuff to work.

Is the issue resolved? I’m having the same issue, it will update only for a while, i have to restart the HA every few hours to get the xiaomi sensors to update.

I just tried moving my setup to Virtualbox and I am also experiencing the same issue where all the Xiaomi sensors and devices showed up during startup with their statuses but the status does not get refreshed after that.

Did anyone finally solved this?

I have the same problem. I’m running Home assistant Core in a docker container. After a HASS restart the sensors start to update the state, but after a few minutes stop sending updates.
This is not working since about 3 updates, because in summer was working fine.
I checked the logs and there is nothing about windows sensors.

Since my posting, I have moved from using Virtualbox to Proxmox. It is so much easier and everything works. I started using Proxmox from HA 111.4 and I am now in 116.4.