Xiaomi smart home

Yes. Zigbee devices (not wireless devices) will be controlled locally through the hub without going to the cloud. . It’s fast. It took less than a second for any automation to work

which switch you recommend?

Ideally: cheap, for european use, can be used mechanically, good HA support, it can control Hue or Yeelight or other stuff

Get the Aqara Zigbee Wall switch. I installed 2 in my home and it works great

what do you control with them?

Can they control Hue lights?

If I understand correctly they are manual switch, and then you can still use HA, correct?

They’re zigbee switch with a relay inside which can be connected to Xiaomi Hub. You use it to control non-connected devices. You can control manually from the switch itself or through the hub.

E.g. i have 6 ceiling lights on my ceiling that’s controllable from one wall switch. Instead of buying 6 smart LED bulb, i swap the light switch into a Zigbee switch, then i can control 6 lights from the hub

Hue itself is a smart LED bulb… not sure why you want to control it from a wall switch

It’s finally here!

3 Likes

My family… They just don’t get it… They prefer manual switching, I prefer voice and HA.
Looking for a common solution

Now with a Xiaomi switch I can control a Hue bulb through HA?

Yeah. You can turn on and off anything including a hue bulb like a normal switch. You also can turn on the switch using HA

Actually an easier way is to put stick a Zigbee wireless switch on the wall to control the Hue bulb using HA. And hide the existing wall switch

Do they have a CE label ? Otherwise I wouldn’t use them.

You can always check from the manufacturers website i guess. And it’s always intended for China market so I’m not sure if they are or will be certified for other standard

The back panel is square. In Europe the standard is round I think? My guess is it won’t fit in the wall

With a price tag of 42USD for aqara switches - easier to get a z-wave ones. Or any links to cheaper shops?

I’ve just received my Xiaomi Smart Home kit from China. How do I pair the gateway in the Mi Smart Home app ? Do I connect with the lumi-gateway-etcetc wifi ? I don’t see the gateway in the app…

ehhhh, same for me I just got it, and spent 2 hours figuring it out.

Thanks to the help of another user here is the solution:

put China as region

Thanks ! That worked (wouldn’t have figured that out myself :wink: ).

1 Like

you are welcome.

Now it would be nice to have european radio station, or not chinese ahaha

where is the config.json?

@rave a question for you. If a not use smart bulbs, and use only common bulbs, do you know how can i do it? I wont buy aqara, because its very expensive. I would like turn on/off with a wifi switch xiaomi,it cheaper, but it can communicate with sonoff?
Like press button switch, switch communicate sonoff and a sonoff turn on/off its possible?
If not possible what is the best cheaper way?

Technically, switch does not communicate to Sonoff directly.

So Xiaomi switch send a click data to HA
Then HA sends a command to Sonoff to turn on the light

So yeah, you can use Xiaomi switch, echo, automation and others to control Sonoff devices.