Xiaomi smart home

the gateway has a light sensor …

Thanks for that, I’ve order the Kit plus some extra outlets, temp sensors, PIRs & door switches plus some yeelights to have a play with. The price was right.

1 Like

could you please tell me the diameter of the Xiaomi Switch (the circular small wifi switch)

Thanks

Just got my package handed to me by the postman (express shipping ordered 6th December!) The switch is much bigger than I expected, diameter is 50mm.

Is the xiaomi wifi wall plug working with home assistant?

I don’t own one, but it should be working with this custom component.

No, only the zigbee wall plug / outlet works with this plugin and the one developed by rave.

Hi,

Have 10 of the flower sensors and they work great!

ITO Feature requests, it would be good to be able to “find” the device from within HA as I cannot tie up which device is which and I cannot see MAC address on the actual devices…

well not a perfect system but check all the devices that have this start of MAC ADDRESS
C4:7C:8D

those are all your Mi flower

Thanks for the reply… problem is that they all start wit that mac address.

What I want to do is identify the sensors individually. I currently have them setup as Plant 1, Plant 2… etc but I don’t know which plant refers to which actual plant… and therefore I cannot plug in the automation for alerts when moisture etc is low based on what the plant needs…

The only way around this is 1 by 1 taking out the batteries and then seeing which MAC address belong to which sensor…

I just thought that as the functionality is in the app to flash the sensor when i press find in the app, that this could be replicated in HA…

That functionality is currently not supported by the library we are using. So someone have to add it there first: https://github.com/open-homeautomation/miflora

yes, that’s the way to go, I am afraid …

you can go backwords: take out one battery, and see the MAC missing … or learn Chinese, maybe in the Xiaomi app there is some information about … not sure which method is faster … :smile:

fair enough :slight_smile:
Thanks anyway…

Any one know after all that can work with amazone echo?

Yes - because home assistant can work with amazon echo.

Do you know how?

Thanks!

Sure, but you only have the aqara switches and the gateway light that can be switched on and off, the rest are just sensors. Instructions are here -

Hi guys, can I get some help with the wireless switches. There are three active states that can be picked up: single, double and hold. How can i use these as a trigger in an automation?

I’m guessing it’s something similar to the motion one, but I can’t figure it out…
trigger: platform: event event_type: motion event_data: entity_id: binary_sensor.motion_sensor_158d000113702f

Two examples here https://github.com/Danielhiversen/home-assistant_config/blob/master/automation/soverom.yaml#L294

2 Likes

You’re my savior man, thank you!