Xiaomi smart home

kudos to all on this,

I fumbled along last night and got the xiaomi temp/humidty sensors working just fine. Even logging and dispalying on influxdb/grafana is working perfect.

I have 2 requests which I can’t figure if its possible

1. To get battery life or status out of each sensor

2. If the sensor stops communicating ie out of range or battery or plain dead, there seems to be no indication, just last reading, can anything be done using the xiamo protocol to highlight a dropped sensor

Great work, guys

Can you show image how that look at your?

wow, can you share me your config file?
i dont know why, that not working for me… :frowning:

Just make sure you put you “158d000xxxxxxx” to your door sensor and it’s under the sensor section with the correct spacing.

sensor:
# Door 1
  - platform: template
    sensors:
        front_door_sensor:
          friendly_name: 'Front Door Sensor'
          value_template: '{% if states.binary_sensor.door_window_sensor_158d000xxxxxxx.state == "on"%} Open {%- else -%} Closed {%- endif -%}'

Yes i did it, but i just get a Circle on top and not like you, front door sensorr open/Closed.

I be happy if you can share me your configure file and i will be add to my.

Big big Thanks!

oh make a group and it will not be at the top in a circle. I still get the regular circle, this will just add another one that says open/closed rather than the man image that is still/running.

door:
    name: "Door"
    view: no
    entities:
      - sensor.front_door_sensor
      - sensor.back_door_sensor

motion:
    name: "Motion"
    view: no
    entities:
      - sensor.laundry_motion_sensor
      - sensor.front_motion_sensor
      - sensor.toilet_motion_sensor
      - sensor.motion_2_sensor
      - sensor.motion_3_sensor
      - sensor.motion_4_sensor
      - sensor.motion_5_sensor
      - sensor.motion_6_sensor
1 Like

Invalid config
The following components and platforms could not be set up:

group

that what i get, why you cannot share me your file? that will very help me.

Have you tried hass --script check_config ?
And read this https://home-assistant.io/docs/configuration/troubleshooting/

Help :slight_smile: or share me yourr config?

Don’t be so demanding please. You need to do some reading, or watch this vdeo.

This one is good too

1 Like

@mp3llll

I’m not demanding !! I’m try to get help and understand the code on HA, I’m a new.
i see all ben video, the video not ben is not talk about sensor.

if you dont want to help that fine, but do not tell me I’m demanding .

we are here all to learn.

MP

@mp3llll You should at least try what people suggest you to do.

The script will explain where your mistake is.
More tips for debugging your config here: https://home-assistant.io/docs/configuration/troubleshooting/#problems-with-the-configuration

1 Like

Thanks for try to help, all is working for me, i just cannot successful to make it open / close.

i give up from this issue, many many for try to help me Daniel.

MP

Sorry but I am involved in several open source projects including being a team member of one and a forum moderator on another, and frankly the passage I quoted above does sound a little demanding. Please remember these projects are written and supported by volunteers who give their time voluntarily and frankly owe users nothing. I don’t want to fall out, but a bit of understanding and patience goes a long way, as does self help.

I was responding to your comment that you couldn’t get a group to work, Ben covers that well. Once you get your component into a group it will appear as you want, not as a badge at the top.

Cheers.

1 Like

Would be great =)
I have my purifier on the way.

loving the xiaomi stuff, all working nicely

however, I have 1 smart plug, which I understand is supposed to act as a repeater, but on tests it doesn’t seem to do so. also nothing in setup jumps out, I’m presuming the zigbee repeating functionality just er works ?

I am also curious about it.

I have a plug and I also have a feeling that is not repeating … although my tests are little empirical and not precise.

How to check if its repeating for sure?

I cannot upgrade my gateway too. The flashing yellow light stops after reaching 70% and then flashing blue light for few seconds. After a quite awhile it back to upgrade window.
Can you share how you manage to upgrade yours?

Thanks.