Xiaomi smart home

@fooxy How’re you progressing with your work? I hit a wall with the Zigbee button. I originally use it as a Switch but since you won’t be able to control it, it is technically not a switch. The Zigbee button is essentially a sensor with “Click”, “Double Click” and “Hold” state. I might try it with a “Sensor” component.

I’ll see documentation data shared by @rave, maybe we can do something :slight_smile:
I’m curious where can we buy these wall plugs? and if we can use it in Europe.

http://xiaomi-mi.com/uploads/CatalogueImage/pvm_xiaomi-aqara-smart-light-control-set-01_14316_1465383754.jpg

Great !
I’m wondering if we need to split states into individual sensors or if we should managed inside one sensor?
Sensor or Switch?

1 Like

I hesitated with the sensor, this may be the best solution.
also:

I’m wondering if we need to split states into individual sensors or if we should managed inside one sensor?

I think you can get it on aliexpress. They’re rated 220v so they should be usable in Europe.

It’s too bad there’s no Button component in HA. There’s one in Smartthings so it’s so much easier there.

I’m trying with a Sensor with multiple state. But since the button itself is stateless, I’ll have to reset the state one second after the button is clicked.

Or it might be possible to trigger an state change event manually so there’s no need to change the state in the device itself.

1 Like

I finally implemented the switch button using a Binary Sensor by sending event. It works great! Click, Double Click and Hold works well. Once i implement the Temp sensor, i’ll post my code to github

1 Like

Just received the device. Looks like it is working extremely unstable. Getting a lot of connection errors and timeouts in mi home. Internal RGB switched on and off with huge lags. With a lot of errors made around 5 firmware updates to the latest one. Is that how it is supposed to work?(in mi home set mainland china for location)
Is there a way to perform resets?

Where are you located? If you’re located far from China, the app will lag because the Xiaomi cloud is located in China. But after you have the zigbee automation setup, it should works locally without depending on cloud which is very quick.

So after adding all sub devices in mi home app everything else will be fast in HA? That sounds encouraging. Thanks

Yes. Zigbee devices (not wireless devices) will be controlled locally through the hub without going to the cloud. . It’s fast. It took less than a second for any automation to work

which switch you recommend?

Ideally: cheap, for european use, can be used mechanically, good HA support, it can control Hue or Yeelight or other stuff

Get the Aqara Zigbee Wall switch. I installed 2 in my home and it works great

what do you control with them?

Can they control Hue lights?

If I understand correctly they are manual switch, and then you can still use HA, correct?

They’re zigbee switch with a relay inside which can be connected to Xiaomi Hub. You use it to control non-connected devices. You can control manually from the switch itself or through the hub.

E.g. i have 6 ceiling lights on my ceiling that’s controllable from one wall switch. Instead of buying 6 smart LED bulb, i swap the light switch into a Zigbee switch, then i can control 6 lights from the hub

Hue itself is a smart LED bulb… not sure why you want to control it from a wall switch

It’s finally here!

3 Likes

My family… They just don’t get it… They prefer manual switching, I prefer voice and HA.
Looking for a common solution

Now with a Xiaomi switch I can control a Hue bulb through HA?

Yeah. You can turn on and off anything including a hue bulb like a normal switch. You also can turn on the switch using HA

Actually an easier way is to put stick a Zigbee wireless switch on the wall to control the Hue bulb using HA. And hide the existing wall switch

Do they have a CE label ? Otherwise I wouldn’t use them.