Xiaomi smart home

Don’t be so demanding please. You need to do some reading, or watch this vdeo.

This one is good too

1 Like

@mp3llll
Have you tried hass --script check_config ?

I’m not demanding !! I’m try to get help and understand the code on HA, I’m a new.
i see all ben video, the video not ben is not talk about sensor.

if you dont want to help that fine, but do not tell me I’m demanding .

we are here all to learn.

MP

@mp3llll You should at least try what people suggest you to do.

Have you tried hass --script check_config ?
The script will explain where your mistake is.
More tips for debugging your config here: https://home-assistant.io/docs/configuration/troubleshooting/#problems-with-the-configuration

1 Like

Thanks for try to help, all is working for me, i just cannot successful to make it open / close.

i give up from this issue, many many for try to help me Daniel.

MP

Sorry but I am involved in several open source projects including being a team member of one and a forum moderator on another, and frankly the passage I quoted above does sound a little demanding. Please remember these projects are written and supported by volunteers who give their time voluntarily and frankly owe users nothing. I don’t want to fall out, but a bit of understanding and patience goes a long way, as does self help.

I was responding to your comment that you couldn’t get a group to work, Ben covers that well. Once you get your component into a group it will appear as you want, not as a badge at the top.

Cheers.

1 Like

Would be great =)
I have my purifier on the way.

loving the xiaomi stuff, all working nicely

however, I have 1 smart plug, which I understand is supposed to act as a repeater, but on tests it doesn’t seem to do so. also nothing in setup jumps out, I’m presuming the zigbee repeating functionality just er works ?

I am also curious about it.

I have a plug and I also have a feeling that is not repeating … although my tests are little empirical and not precise.

How to check if its repeating for sure?

I cannot upgrade my gateway too. The flashing yellow light stops after reaching 70% and then flashing blue light for few seconds. After a quite awhile it back to upgrade window.
Can you share how you manage to upgrade yours?

Thanks.

In the latest app - I changed my region to China. A whole lot more options appeared and the update went through to the hub.

Give it a go?

I have done some research and it looks like the current way of interfacing these zigbee sensors is thru the Xiaomi Gateway using “[Beta] Xiaomi Gateway Integration”. These sensors looks very promising for my plans to make a cheap reliable alarm and automation system using HA on RPI3. But in situation of power loss I will lose connection to all the sensor (I will have battery backup on the PI).
Has someone made a solution to use modules such as XBee to get direct connection to the Xiaomi zigbee sensors?

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried it but no joy. Updating will only reach 70% and then back to firmware update available window.

Hi everyone!! I’m really excited about all that Xiaomi stuff for my home automation. I was excited also about sonoff from Itead but i don’t know what to choose, what is the best option, for my home automation. I see that itead is very popular and has cheap switches of all kind like simple sonoff,s20, TH10 for temperature, even wall switches (sonoff touch). How all this stuff compared to Xiaomi temperature switches, wall Aqara switches and other? I know that Xiaomi has Zigbee and you must have gateway and Itead can be flashed and uses Wifi but has no portable sensors because of high power consumption of wifi. Can you help me choosing between those 2 manufactures?

which are your goals?

If you need sensors go for xiaomi

Also Aqara wall switch works with only the live wire, it does not need a neutral wire like Sonoff touch. I use all of the xiaomi sensors and an assortment of switches and sonoff pow’s to make my dumb devices smarter (like my cheapo standing fan that is now smarter).
tl;dr choose both depending on the application

1 Like

hi to all concerned
would love it to be integrated also English version also would be nice instead of guessing

the fan you can only turn on and off or you can also control the speed?

only on/off since sonoff is just a switch

1 Like

Guyes,

What can i do with the switch button? that just show on HA without to do any think.
Can i make it a a button for active the alarm?