Xiaomi TV integration using Android TV

You have to understand one thing in foos world. Software is free, help is free but in the end its your system and you have to invest your time and effort to make it work. If that is too much, then use some property solutions.

Hi,

how do you enable WOL on xiaomi tv P1E android 10? on developer mode i enable it but works randomly

Captura de ecrã 2023-12-10 081339

No, it doesn’t need wol to operate.

Then how you can turn on the tv? after is on is easy

It’s been a long time since I configured it, so I will try to reproduce steps the best I can remember.
First I set up static ip for the TV on the router and TV.
TV is connected to wifi.
I installed on TV app called Zank Remote.
Than I pinged TV from my computer to prevent it to go into deep sleep. If TV led is bliniking red all the time when TV is off you are done. It will turn it on with out a problem and you can control it in ha.
The only thing left to do is to setup a ping from home assistant to ping it every ie. 1 minute to prevent it from going into deep sleep.
I’m using now uptime kuma to do that, but you can set up platform ping somewhere in config files.

Ping didn’t work … wol only works sometimes … your tv is android 10?

I have android 9. Tv model is MiTV-MSSP2.
For me this is working out if the box from day one.
Edit:
In developer options i have enabled
USB debugging
Wake on lan
but i dont use lan so this was left from some previous settings.
Wake on wlan is disabled.

I have to try on another Xiaomi or over cable … with USB debugging is the same … work randomly

The WOL works when the tv led blink , stop working between the blink. I have a mi box 4k android 9 and I can’t enable WOL :confused:

Let me check, I forgot how I did it…
Edit: Cant find a ping settings anywhere. Obviously I abandoned that because I didn’t need it.
In integrations I set up android debug bridge and Android Tv remote, both are set up and working.
On tv developer options I have enabled USB debugging and Wake on lan. Tv is connected by wifi.
I have static ip address set on my tv and router for that tv.
And i installed Zank remote app from app store. Don’t know it this relevant or not or why I installed it.
And it works.
I know that I was pinging tv in the begging to prevent it from going into deep sleep but obviously this wasn’t necessary so i don’t do that any more.

Same device here. I dont use WOL but with the ping-integration with default settings and android debug bridge configured the MiBox 4 on Android 9 does not go into deep sleep and can always be controlled through HA (using Mini Media Player Card).

adb configured? enable, just that?

Android Debug Bridge configured and enabled. Just like that.

The same goes for a TCL Android TV here with Ping enabled to avoid it goes into deep sleep.

Only for a Sony Bravia I use it’s own Sony Bravia Integration (not ADB).

Already tried and is the same thing … stop ping after goes to stand by with adb … when the led blink i cant turn on the tv over home assistant…

Ping enable ? just ping the tv over any device? for testing i am using my notebook to ping

Must be an issue particular to your Xiaomi TV model. At least for the Xiaomi MiBox 4 and TCL Android TV deep sleep doesnt happen if ping is enabled from HA.

I have , mibox 4k (Android 9), xiaomi tv stick(Android 8) and xiaomi tv(Android 10).
Only works on xiaomi stick … i will try today in TCL tv.
What i have tried:
Static ip on router and tv or box
Enable WOL - Wifi
Install wakelock
Enable adb connection
Ping constantly
Bluetooth(need to see why my HA instalation doesn´t recognize python)

any suggestion ?

Install Zank remote app on you xiaomi tv. This is the only thing you didnt do.

Hello, did you manage to do it? Thanks