Xiaomi Vacuum garage

I just have finished a garage for my Xiaomi vacuum and I am quite pleased with the result:

There are some missing functionalities, but it should be a matter of days :wink:

HA setup:

Used components:

• Vacuum: Xiaomi Roborock S55
  • Garage door controller: Sonoff SV
  • Garage door motor: Blum Servo-Drive for Aventos
12 Likes

Awesome! I’ll go for it!

This is awesome. But I prefer the door to slide up to avoid people from kicking on it accidentally.

:clap: :bowing_man: :boom: :raised_hands:

You win. :grinning:

@3_14 Great project. I’ve been thinking of the same thing. Congratulations. Could you share more information on how you did the door opener? Can you please share more assembly photos? Thank you so much for the excellent project.

@masterkenobi Well, there is no room for sliding up, so this was the only way

@maxcalavera My setup is very simple as I used a commercial solution and just used a relay to click an open/close button + additional sensor to check if the front is opened.
Photo: https://imgur.com/a/vPq40D0

1 Like

@3_14 for president!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Wow nice work, can you link the Blum hinges from Amazon?

Regard nice work

I think this is this one, but I’m not 100% sure

Wow that was a bit price,
Think I will use Linear Actuator in stead. But thanks for the link

Yeeeah, it’s quite expensive, but it has some advantages :slight_smile:

Greetings. Cool application. How did you automate the BLUM SERVO-DRIVE door to open for the vacuum?

Hello @3_14, can you tell me something about how an external switch can be connected to the servo drive? Up to now, I can only find information how it can be controlled with a remote switch.

Regards

As I mentioned above, I have soldered a relay to the remote switch

Thanks for your Response @3_14.

Haven’t got it on the first shot.

Regards

@3_14 Hey, do u mind share the carpentry details? like the height of the door? the installation height of the blum servo? as well as the clearance needed for the door and the panel above as well as clearance to the floor.

The door is 22cm tall (but I think to should possible to reduce it to 17cm). The bottom of the servo casing is ~6cm from the floor. The door need basically no clearance as is opens to the front, not upwards.

Thanks… well noted.

The image on the imgur is invalid :frowning_face: