Xiaomi Vacuum with Valetudo RE: How to MAP, Zoned Cleaning and Notifications with Home Assistant?

with the latest valetudo re 265 you can create rooms based on … rooms? or at least it cut’s your appartment into segments which you can then name and use in the custom segments command.

Hey guys I’m trying to use the valetudo mapper addon in the supervisor but it doesn’t seem to work, it seems like the docker image launches but gets an error code 129 and kills right away. I’m guessing that the images are outdated? What bothers me is that it worked before on a previous install that I made a couple weeks before … ICantbeleiveitanotvaletudo image works but doesn’t seem to send me data, the sensor.rockrobo_map doesn’t work.

Anyone got this issue too? Thanks a bunch!

Gonna answer myself, don’t need the valetudo mapper addon if you use the valetudo card since the card already generates the map.

However I needed to use map_data_parsed in the sensor for it to work.

Thank you for this post… I finally got mine rooted with RE and valetudo-mapper. I have the static image, 1st picture from mapper and it shows the no go zones, but in the 2nd picture using valetudo-map-card in lovelace, they don’t show up. Anyone know if it is possible to pass this info to the map card please??

Does anyone else have an issue with their map_data_parsed data being too long and making your states page take a long time to load?

2 Likes

Thank you very much :heart_eyes: :smiley:

I have a problem connecting to my robot. I have Valetudo RE installed, I have a key file and can connect via SSH terminal, however I literally cant do anything. File browsing does not work, it just gives me the “cant cd to XXX”. I can not connect via FileZilla either, I simply get the following message

Antwort:	fzSftp started, protocol_version=9
Befehl:	keyfile "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Befehl:	open "[email protected]" 22
Fehler:	FATAL ERROR: Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server
Fehler:	Herstellen der Verbindung zum Server fehlgeschlagen (connection failed)

It’s almost as if there was no file system on the robot, however Valetudo works fine in itself and I can configure MQTT from the web interface and MQTT control via HA does work. I also have a camera.robot_map, my sensor.robot_map does not work though, and thus the valetudo-map-card won’t work either.

What am I doing wrong? I tried both providing the key file directly in FileZilla and using interactive login with Putty Pageant running, same end result. How can I edit my config.json?

Can someone explain to me what I did wrong, please? I follow the instructions in solution, but instead of track or map I got 404 when open the map.
I have:
valetudo re 0.9.9
Home Assistant 2021.1.1
mosquitto as add-on 5.1
valetudo-mapper as add-on by Poeschl 1.6.1

Hi guys. I need community help. At the moment I’m fighting with valentudo lovelace card, as it shows no errors but just empty. Unfortunately I cant read well JS source of this card moreover can’t debug it. Everything looks good, but just shows empty card with “Vacuum” title. Valentudo Mapper itself generates PNG image to use like camera proxy, but I prefer to use Lovelace Valetudo Map Card. Carefully followed post#21 here.

latest Valentudo RE binary installed

_______  _______                    _______ 
|\     /|(  ___  )(  ____ \|\     /||\     /|(       )
| )   ( || (   ) || (    \/| )   ( || )   ( || || || |
| |   | || (___) || |      | |   | || |   | || || || |
( (   ) )|  ___  || |      | |   | || |   | || ||_|| |
 \ \_/ / | (   ) || |      | |   | || |   | || |   | |
  \   /  | )   ( || (____/\| (___) || (___) || )   ( |
   \_/   |/     \|(_______/(_______)(_______)|/     \|
======================================================
MODEL...........: rockrobo.vacuum.v1
SERIAL..........: 1706100268601
PRODUCTION DATE.: UNKNOWN
FIRMWARE........: 3.5.8_004028

Home Assistant
OS 5.11
core-2021.2.3
supervisor-2021.02.9

Valentudo Mapper 1.8.0 - 2021-02-15 installed as addon from Poeschl Repo in HA and connected to MQTT. It supplies all kind of messages, i.e. valetudo/rockrobo/map_data_parsed

MQTT: valetudo/rockrobo/map_data_parsed:

{"header_length":20,"data_length":53796,"version":{"major":1,"minor":0},
"map_index":746,"map_sequence":1,
"image":{
  "segments":{"count":0},
  "position":{"top":461,"left":401},
  "dimensions":{"height":227,"width":232},
  "pixels":{
    "floor":[[87,206],[131,206],[87,205],[88,203],[19,202],[21,202],[58,202],[63,202],[64,202],[65,202],[66,202],[67,202],[68,202],[69,202],[70,202],[71,202],[88,202],[130,202],[21,201],[58,201],[59,201],[60,201],[61,201],

sensor created

sensor:
- platform: mqtt
  state_topic: "valetudo/rockrobo/state"
  json_attributes_topic: "valetudo/rockrobo/map_data_parsed"
  name: rockrobo_map
  value_template: 'OK'
  scan_interval: 5

and it exists

Lovelace Valetudo Map Card v2021-02-17 installed from HACS
lovelace-ui.yaml:

- type: custom:valetudo-map-card
      entity: sensor.rockrobo_map
      crop:
        bottom: 0
        left: 0
        right: 0
        top: 0
      icon_scale: 1
      map_scale: 1
      min_height: 0
      rotate: 0
      show_dock: true
      show_path: true
      show_vacuum: true

Result
2021-02-19_12-47-41

I have no idea now how to solve this

Afaik is that valetudo map card doesn’t support RE. These are 2 different firmwares.
The valetudo-mapper addon does generate a camera in HA which you can use in a card.

Thanks for an answer, but what about post #45 ?

You could try version 2020 of the valetudo-map-card. There have been a lot changes in ‘classic’ Valetudo and the developer of the map-card made changes for the card therefore. But I’m not sure if the 2020 version will work for RE. I would suggest the custom:vacuum-card with the camera of the vacuum as an entity.

You could try version 2020 of the valetudo-map-card. There have been a lot changes in ‘classic’ Valetudo and the developer of the map-card made changes for the card therefore. But I’m not sure if the 2020 version will work for RE.

I’ve try this tonight but was unable to load 2020 version. Probably I mistaken somewhere will try again

I would suggest the custom:vacuum-card with the camera of the vacuum as an entity.

That’s what I use now, but want to overlay existing picture floor plan by vacuum path

Anyway I will try to look into Valentudo Map Card source code to understand why it happening. As I can see, necessary data exits in JSON message. Probably that’s issue belongs to HA core

You could play around with the picture-elements card. Set your floorplan as background and the camera with opacity as image element.

Thank you Lesley, I’ve installed Valetudo (not RE, original) and realized that was breaking changes in communication, and only latest version of Valetudo work with latest version of lovelace card. Moreover, Mapper as addon is not necessary now to install. But waiting bug to solve as latest Valetudo lost MQTT settings after reboot, looks like one of environment variable not exists in precompiled binary of Valetudo.

Valetudo 2021.02.0
Lovelace Valetudo Map Card v 2021-02-20

1 Like

Is it possible to queue multiple spots so the vacuum goes a specific route?

Opened a new topics for new HA and new Valetudo Version
Valetudo 2021.03.0 Roborock S50 working Zone Clean Up on HA core-2021.3.4

You can make it much easier. Output the Valetudo web interface itself and you do not need to output the map. Create the “Vacuum Cleaner” panel in the “Lovelace Panel”, then go to the created “Vacuum Cleaner” panel and create a web interface. Specify the IP address of the vacuum cleaner and select

type: iframe
url: http://192.168.1.66
aspect_ratio: 100%

Next, select " Panel (one card for the entire screen)"

As a result, we will display the valetudo control on the entire screen in a separate tab

Текст на русском (Text in Russian)

Можно сделать куда проще. Вывести сам веб интерфейс Valetudo и не нужно выводить карту. Создаем в “Панели Lovelace” панель “Пылесос”, далее переходим в созданную панель “Пылесос” и создаем веб-интерфейс. Указываем IP адрес пылесоса и выбираем

type: iframe
url: http://192.168.1.66
aspect_ratio: 100%

Далее выбираем “Панель (одна карточка на весь экран)”

В итоге мы выведем управление valetudo на весь экран в отдельную вкладку

3 Likes

This is for 3 selected zones; just select the order in which you would like the rooms cleaned. You could also add more zones by adding to the code.

So here it cleans the Bathroom 1st which is 2 segments (lower left), Meals 2nd (middle) and the Entry 3rd (top right), the Bot then returns for charging after completion. Just an example to play with.

type: button
tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: mqtt.publish
  service_data:
    topic: valetudo/rockrobo/custom_command
    payload: >-
      { "command": "zoned_cleanup", "zone_ids": [    "Bathroom",    {        
      "id": "bathroom",         "repeats": 1    },    "Meals2",    {        
      "id": "meals2",         "repeats": 1    },    "Entry",    {         "id":
      "entry",         "repeats": 1    } ], "afterCleaning": "Base" }
  target: {}