Xiaomi Zigbee lights not reporting state immediately

Hi,
I have just bought a Conbee II usb stick which I wanted to use with my Xiaomi zigbee bulbs (dimming, hot/cool white). The bulbs are quickly detected and are correctly controlled from Home Assistant through the dedicated integration.
But I noticed that if the lights are switched off through the wall switch (that is actually cutting power), the state is not updated immediately in Home assistant. It can take 5 minutes or more to get the correct state in home assistant. When power is reinstated by means of the wall switch, the update is instantaneous.

Is there any way to force an update of the lights state and get more reliable trigger for the automations?

Issue still persists, I’ve been looking for some more info connecting to deCONZ via VNC. When the lights are powered, a blue circle flashes on the left of the labels in deCONZ interface. As soon as I cut power, it starts blinking red. So, I assume, it is in some way detected that the light is not anymore available. But it still stays on in home assistant for some minutes.

Any clue?

Not much activity in this thread… However I have to add that I also updated the conbee firmware to 264A0700, and behavior is still the same, with the added disadvantage of deconz not being always able to immediately detect when the light are switched on.

Looks like Home Assistant have some timeout before threating light that is gone for some reason as off.
I could understand HA. If we lost connection, it’s can be due a lot of reasons. Maybe we’ll get back fresh state soon.
I think some sort of “assume offline” setting in HA will help you

I do not have Xiaomi Zigbee but had ikea Tranfri bulb. The issue seem to be similar that when the power is cut the buld will remain in their last state. Here is a dicussion on a workaround automation for tradfri bulb to query and the bulb to get the bulb to report the correct state such as “unavailable”. Check if Ikea tradfri lights are unavailable?