Yeelight Night Light Dimmable Bed Lamp BT

Did you receive your candela lights? I also would like to order them. Could you make them work with Homeassistant?

Unfortunately not, they are still roaming somewhere in China (according to tracking number) :frowning:

Oh I hope it will arrive quickly. I am looking forward to hearing your integration experience

So I have finally got the lights. Tried quickly with HA and it did not work. Also when trying to configure the candelas the old Bluetooth lamp is not getting connected. I recall someone saying that current script supports only one lamp, this might be the reason why nothing is connected. I will play some more with them probably next week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh sorry to hear that. It is really a bad news. I also have one more Yeelight in my setup. I hope there is a way to make those work together.

@lafomit Hi there. Could you share how you managed to get this working?

hi im on hassio and was wondering how I can install this?

I don’t use hassio myself, so I don’t really know how to make this work on it.

To others, I just released a new version of the python-yeelightbt, which supports now also Candelas. Please feel free to test it out and open bug reports on its github issue tracker :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there anybody know how to make this work on hassio?

1 Like

I finally managed to connect my candela to Hassio with a different approach. I utilized my tablet that is always on for that purpose.

I found out that yeelight has some kind of integration with tasker app, so I could ask tasker to turn on, tun off, dim, brighten or even call a scene from yeelight app. All I needed was a trigger. I used pushbullet app for that purpose.

So now when I send a pushbullet message from homeassistant containing the text let`s say Candela-high, tasker reads it and set my candela light 100% on. I also set actions for medium, low and off states.

I hope this would help you

1 Like

I’m considering getting the Candela & Bed Lamp, but if I’m reading correctly, we need to enable bluetooth (if using Hassio). Correct? If so, I’ve heard issues with enabling this and conflicting with those who use the bluetooth zwave usb device. Anyone know if this is true? If so, what’s the workaround?

I couldn’t manage to connect the candela with Hassio enabling Bluetooth. And I use an always-on tablet to connect candela. I utilize the Pushbullet application and Tasker application to manage turn-on and off commands. It works great for now, but from time to time I need to reconnect my tablet to the candela.

hi, do you mindo to share how did you do it?

Hi, i know this is an old topic, but…

anyone managed to make this work in hassio?

I installed the yeelight component and the main trick is to pair the lamps whent it ask for it (do it quickly), one time the lamp is paired, no more errors.

but I can’t make it work with hassio, I receive an error about yeelight_bt is not a component or something like that.

I have 3 lamps, and it will be great to integrate them into my ecosystem.

thanks for all

Hi @CalcU.

Nah, just switched to WIFI based ones and donated BT based to not so “smart home savy” relatives :slight_smile:

Hello,
Have you managed to make it work with HomeAssistant ?
I installed it on my Raspberry, after hours of search on the internet, and it works via bash commands.
However, not with HomeAssistant. I always receive ‘invalid configuration errors’ : Platform error light.yeelight_bt - Integration 'yeelight_bt' not found.

Thanks !

The homeassistant integration for this is very old and not maintained. I think I need to add a more prominent warning against using it, if not remove it altogether from the repository. Depending on what sort of control you need, it may be worth looking if it is possible to execute those bash commands you need.

Otherwise, if someone wants to work on fixing the integration, I can do code review and make a new release (and make it available on HACS).

Hi,
I personally need this custom component to control my Yeelight Candela. I just will need to turn it on and off, and control the brightness.

After additional tests, I finally managed to integrate it with Home Assistant (0.107.7). The folder and file names in GitHub is not following the latest Home assistant rules for custom components. You just need the "yeelight_bt" folder, and then rename yeelight_bt.py to light.py. I don’t know if it’s mandatory, but I also added a blank __init__.py file, and copied a manifest.json file from another custom component.

The component is working quite well: I can turn my candela lamp on/off and change the brightness level. It also properly detects the state if the lamp is turned on/off manually. However, I had a few bluetooth disconnection issues that could only be solved by restarting Home Assistant.

I’d like to help fix this component, but I don’t have advanced knowledge in Python and Home Assistant development. I can help by writing an installation guide for HomeAssistant, since it is not obvious at all. At least, it will save some time to other users.

1 Like

Hi mat,

thanks for letting me know that it is still working somehow! I just pushed some changes to make it hopefully compatible with the current custom component structure. I also tried to add HACS support, but unfortunately that is not easily doable due to how HACS handles github repositories with releases.

Feel free to create a PR to adjust the installation procedure, that would be great and would definitely save some time for others who are interested in using this!

Hi Teemu,
Sure, I’ll propose an update to installation procedure early next week !

1 Like