Yeelight not recognized in home assistant

I just have:

- platform: yeelight

All my bulbs are discovered automatically.

Just to put this line and not all what i put? without ip address and name and all of this?

Yep. That is what worked for me.

For me it didn’t work.
Other options?

I have this and it works:

yeelight:
  devices:
    10.100.10.23:
      name: '[Garden] LED4'
    10.100.10.24:
      name: '[Garden] LED5'
    10.100.10.25:
      name: '[Garden] LED6'

@th1234 Did you manage to get it to work?
I’m having the same problem.

yeelight:
devices:
192.168.31.69:
name: ‘Living Room light’

Hi @th1234,

I had the same problem using the YLXD01YL model. My solution was adding the model type. I disabled the autodiscovery, like you did, because it was not automatically discovered and added this:

yeelight:
  devices:
    192.168.178.79:
      name: Kuechendecke
      model: ceiling1

After restarting my light.Kuechenlicht was there :slight_smile:
Here you can check for your specific model

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you. It’s working for me

Oh one thing I noticed: The lamp was unavailable the whole time, after appearing in HA. So I rechecked if the LAN mode is enabled in the yeeligth app (it was not!) I was damn sure I set it in the first stage, but it seems to be lost. After that, the ceiling light was there and working - finally :smile:

I have the exact same problem,

Yeelight color2 seen in the app and LAN control enabled

i tried to add discovery: to configuration.yaml, Hass found many homekit devices but not the yeelight

i also tried vairations of your replies, no luck

discovery:
  ignore:
    - yeelight
#yeelight:
#  devices:
#    192.168.1.23:
#      name: Living Room

light:
 - platform: yeelight
   devices:
     192.168.1.23:
       name: 'Living Room'
       model: color2

I just installed HA and it doesn’t discover my Yeelight automatically, but I can access it with manual config. The problem is that right now the lamp it is connected to is still being used with a light switch, so the IP of the Yeelight changes every time it’s turned on (and I can’t set a fixed IP because my ISP wants DHCP disabled on my router)

I had similar issues, the discovery service discovere all my 70+ yeelight bulbs as homekit accessories. :frowning:

What I did then discover all yeelight IP Addresses, reserve the mac address in the DHCP server.
And list all those IP ad yeelight devices in the yeelight.yaml

My config looks like follow:

configuration.yaml:

########################################## 
# Yeelight & Light Group
##########################################
light: !include lightgroup.yaml
yeelight: !include yeelight.yaml`

yeelight.yaml:

devices:
##Walk-in Closet
  192.168.1.21:
    name: y021
  192.168.1.47:
    name: y047
  192.168.1.49:
    name: y049

lightgroup.yaml:

- platform: group
  name: Light Group - Walk-in Closet
  entities:
  - light.y021
  - light.y047
  - light.y049

This is what i have in my configuration.yaml file for 3 Yeelights. All working great.

yeelight:
  devices:
    10.1.1.133:
      name: Outside Light

10.1.1.196:
      name: Room Light 1

10.1.1.183:
      name: Hall Light

Hi this got it working for me.

1. Go to the Yeelight app.
  2. Go to menu
  3. Go to LAN control and make sure each device has LAN Control allowed.
  4. Go to HA configuration.yaml and use code
    #yeelight
    yeelight:
    devices:
    192.168.x.xxx:
    name: My Light
    model: color1
    #end yeelight

I will try and keep https://github.com/BrenTeck/Home-Assistant-Yeelight updated.

2 Likes

If you do it manually it works fine, but you have to keep in mind that if the yeelight accessory ip changes, you have to edit the config and reload it every time (you can simply assign fixed ips for the accessories to fix this, but I can’t :frowning_face:)

1 Like

Hi Marty

You can set static IP address in your rooter interface. Most have this basic feature standard rooters IP is something like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 if not start a DOS command prompt (cmd) and type ipconfig /all and make a note of the DHCP server address. Enter that ip into the address bar of your web browser and log in. Info may be on the back of your rooter.

Hope this helps

David

My network was just stupid and I couldn’t assign fixed IPs, but now I configured a dhcp server with the AdGuard addon and I finally could do it (I suggest that if you have problems with your router’s (you can also use the standalone dhcp server addon).

(Basically I receive internet by radio and my antenna/router is managed by my ISP (I just had a personal router that was connected to it by LAN with no dhcp and forwarding functionalities enabled), so I asked them to disable their dhcp server, so I could use mine (they still manage the port forwarding, but I’m fine with that) (Yes, I know that I could simply turn back on the dhcp server integrated in my router, but I had the addon already installed and I find this one easier to access and to use (and I couldn’t set a different gateway (the antenna) on the router one).

At least I don’t have to worry anymore about IP conflicts (dhcp often assigned new devices at IPs that were set as static for others that were not connected at that moment) and I don’t have to wait for a fix to the integration (or the Yeelight firmware).

Just turning on LAN control did it for me. HA autodiscovered after that