Yeelight "unavailable"

Really, tried to add my ylXD50YL via HomeKit controller and it works stable. BUT there is only one entity - turn on\off light and ajust brightness. there is no entity to change color of ambilight and to turn on moon light.
with yeelight integration i had 3 entities and one binary sensor. but it worked as written above.
can anyone help to find all this entities?

3 Likes

I am finding my yeelight constantly drops off WIFI. It is located very near the WIFI hub, so I donā€™t think the WIFI signal strength is the issue (the app reports signal as -20db). I have WIFI control switched on and the app reports firmware as up to date. I find I have to switch the light on and off frequently to get it to reconnect. Finding it quite unreliable (especially when compared to Phillips Hue bulbs).

Any success integrating this device? the connection doesnā€™t work stable with me. I have just created a 2.4 SSID for this light but doesnā€™t work well.

Any ideas?

Hello guys,

Iā€™ve the same problem. Did you manage to fix it yet?

I suffer from the same issues with two Yeelight Ceiling Lamps, that theyā€™re losing the connection (ā€œBulb closed the connectionā€) according to Home Assistant.
Of course i got both lamps in a separate IoT VLAN with no internet access whatsoever and enabled lan control. Both Lights are connecting to a strong 2.4 Ghz signal and as this is a house, there are no interferences (except a Zigbee mesh ofc) at all.
As all the zigbee devices work perfectly, these wifi bulbs are getting on my nerves (especially when you just need them to work)ā€¦
Butā€¦ i really have to say one comment here had me thinking ā€œClient quota exceededā€. Atm very often I work on the Home Assistant configuration and obviously iā€™ve to restart home assistant once or twice each day to get a new configuration to stuck (still finding a good daily driver configuration).
It might be the case, that these bulbs are only able to handle maybe one connection at a time and every time home assistant loads a new config in its core, maybe itā€™s trying to establish a new connection to the bulb, which wonā€™t work, as the bulb still got the old connection as established in its tcp configuration (it just doesnā€™t know that home assistant just dropped its connection because of a restart; Question: does home assistant know to end an existant connection gracefully?).
Are there people here, who also got these problems each and every day without changing any configuration on home assistants part?

Edit: I just found an interesting link about problems with hidden SSIDs with Yeelights. Yeelight forums I might be worth to try it out with a revealed SSID, which i now will doā€¦

I have Yeelights all over the house and all of them work in Home Asisstant except 2 of them which were the color4 bulbs. After resetting the lights, they would work, only to disappear again after a few minutes.
I had my lights defined by ip address (Static IP via router DHCP reservations) in the configuration.yaml but that didnā€™t help.

Gave it a new try today as it was frustrating the #$% out of me, and I finally got it to work.
Hereā€™s the solution that worked for me, quite simple in hindsightā€¦

• Go to Configuration and select integrations.
  • Click on ā€œAdd Integrationā€ and search for Yeelight
  • When it asks for host, donā€™t fill in anything and just click ā€œsubmitā€
    I was very surprised when it showed another window where i could choose my device!
    The list seems empty, but you have to click on it in order to be able to show it and select the newly discovered deviceā€¦

Hope this helps some of you!

I did it + have to set my wifi to DTIM Interval = 3 and Beacon Interval = 200. Those settings are important for many IoT devices and responsible for power management. No disconnecting for two weeks for now!

1 Like

Iā€™m back to square 1ā€¦ Lights (2ā€¦) disappeared again.
@cHunter789 Iā€™ve tried that (Not easy on Unifi AP) and the result was that now 2 other lights that always worked fine also disconnected. Setting beacon back to 100 solved it for me (100 was default).
The Unifi default setting for DTIM is already at 3ā€¦

Same problem with the yeelight color4 bulbs. They work longer if you add them as a homekit accessoire. (The code is on the bulb, next to the QR code). But via the Yeelight integration, they become unavailable within 30 minutes and you have to reset everything for them to work again.
Downside of the homekit accessoire integration is that they donā€™t have effects and color temperature control.

1 Like

Thank you! Using Homekit integration was the only way for me to have a reliable bulb.
Now I configured the yeelight bulb with HomeKit integration (using the XXX-XX-XXX key) and it is working great. No more random ā€œunavailableā€ devices.
Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Can you tell me how you did that? Iā€™ removed the bulb from by iPhone and reset the bulb (5 x on/off), but it doesnā€™t get picked up by home assistant. I can see the bulb in homekit on my iphone though. Is there anything apart from resetting the bulb I am missing?

I added the homekit controller integration, but it doesnā€™t find the bulb.

******* Bulb appeared after I connected to the yeelight iOS app ********

I was unhappy about the bad performance of my yeelight ceiling light (YLXD76YL), too. The stock firmware is pretty unstable, unresponsive and laggy because of the chinese cloud. I disassembled the device and flashed a esphome based custom firmware: https://github.com/syssi/esphome-yeelight-ceiling-light

4 Likes

Necroing an old thread here, but Iā€™m having issues with the new yeelight firmware update, Iā€™ve disabled internet access for them, now on the hour, every hour it resets itself looking for a connection, taking it off my network for a minute and flashing the light, very annoying.
I would love to flash esphome to them to remove the cloud altogether.
As my models are not listed in your github (YLXD01YL, YLXD05YL) how do I go about finding the voltage limits for these lights?
Or better yet, has anyone seen an esphome yaml example for this lights?

Please create an issue at my repository and provide some photos of your disassembled light / mainboard. I will try to provide some guidance. The limits can be measured by a multimeter running the original firmware with an external power supply (LEDs detached).

Any progress/solution for this issue?
I have the ā€œunavailableā€ issue on my 11 yeelight ceiling lights. The devices goes offline for a few seconds, then came back online several time per day. I created a mobile alert with push message (pushover api) to keep me informed and I notice that the issue comes about 3/4 times per day.

I setup the yeelight.yaml like:

192.168.2.46:
    name: Balcony
    model: ceiling1
    nightlight_switch_type: light

So, IP is fixed for all lamps, also the router DHCP service have the same IPs.
During offline period, I can control the light with Yeelight app, so the issue is on HA side. No other devices are suffering from this issue, like shelly devices or motion cameras correctly integrated in HA.

Any workaround?
Thank you
Lucas

I am also having unavailability issues with Yeelight, since a few months. Posted in different threats, no solution yet. Once they get unavailable, I have to delete them from HA and reconfigure them, really annoyingā€¦

I have this occasionally but why are you deleting them in HA? I just turn the light off at the switch and then turn it on again and it is detected againā€¦

just turn the light off at the switch and then turn it on again and it is detected againā€¦

Great, but in my case I unmounted all switches and covered the open holes with aquara Switches. And turning it off at the central electricity switch (I do not know how it is exactly called) also turns off all my other electric devices, reseting different clocks and stuff, which I do not want to do as often as my lights get unavailable

Thanks for this syssi.
I was considering to flash esphome to my esp 8266 based mi desk lamp.

Do you know this repository: GitHub - syssi/esphome-mi-desk-lamp: Esphome custom firmware for the Xiaomi Mi Desk Lamp

1 Like