Yi Camera fails to show image

With the recently updated yi-hack-v3, the 27US version of the camera is officially supported. Now that my cameras are supported I have tried getting them into my HA setup. HA detects them just fine, but I consistently get the following error:

[homeassistant.components.camera.yi] There don’t appear to be any uploaded videos

On my HA frontend, I am told “Image not available”

I’ve manually browsed the cameras to make sure that the default path is correct and that files are present. I also noticed in an earlier post in this thread that hassio (what I’m using) has some issues with ffmpeg, Has anyone had success with this component on the 27US camera and hassio?

Which version of the yi-hack firmware are you using?

@ainen did you get this sorted? I have the same issue with 3 cameras, one shows fine, the remaining don’t.

@bachya I have the same issue as @ainen so hoping you can help. Running yi-hack-v3 on 27US and 47US 720p cameras. Using names in the code block below, YiCam1 works fine, shows the image on HA frontend. YiCam2 andYiCam3 just show “Image Not Available”. Passwords should not be a problem as I set them up (via ssh) to be the same across all Yi cameras.

configuration.yaml

camera:
  - platform: yi
    name: YiCam1
    host: '192.168.x.x'
    password: !secret yi_pw
    name: YiCam2
    name: YiCam3

What firmware versions is running on all three cameras? Also, if you change the order in your configuration.yaml, is it always the first camera that shows up?

Hi, its firmware v3 - same for all 3 cameras. Its not the first camera in the list that shows up, YiCam1 shows up regardless of where its in the list, while 2 and 3 don’t show.

Sorry just to be clear by firmware I mean the hack version. Do you mean something different?

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I’m looking for the specific version of the v3 hack you’re using. If you access your device in a browser and click the “About” tab, you’ll see a line that looks like this:

yi-hack-v3 Firmware 0.1.5

That’s what I’d like to know.

Understood. It’s 0.1.5 indeed.

And do the HASS logs show any errors having to do with yi or ffmpeg?

The fix that worked for me is in the following comment:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/yi-component-image-not-available/36716/4

For reference, I am using all 27US cameras with the latest firmware and hack.

I still sometimes get “Image not available” errors on my HASS front-end, but overall it works pretty well.

@bachya and @ainen this has started working - I rebooted the Pi and that was it. Rather mysterious but I’m not complaining! Thanks for your inputs so far.

Now I moved one of the cameras to a different part of the house which is covered by an access point. I am able to see the camera perfectly in the Yi app but not in HA. Any idea if this is due to the access point?

Same question: do the logs (set to DEBUG) show anything?

Check if your server has ffmpeg codec installed…