Z-Wave JS Stopping Constantly

@CO_4X4 , Did you ever get this fixed? I think I am having a very similar issue, but no locks:

In my case the problem was a software bug that gut quashed in an update, so it did end up getting resolved. There are a couple things using HA on a rPi with Z-Wave that I have learned since I’ve started using HA:

1. The Gen5+ stick is pretty solid and fast, big improvement over my previous Gen5 - but it could be my Gen5 was on it’s last leg or something so this is somewhat anecdotal. I’ve read a lot of folks having problems with Gen7 so that’s how I ended up on Gen5+, but those problems may be in the past now
  2. Always use a powered USB hub for your Z-Wave stick
  3. Always use an extension cable for your Z-Stick to get it away from all the possible interference from your other equipment, it seems to be very sensitive to that
  4. Update ZWave2MQTT and the Z-Wave drivers - but this is where I got into trouble, once you have them working don’t just update willy-nilly unless there’s a good reason just in case there is a gremlin in there (which ultimately was my issue on this post)
2 Likes