Z-wave lag

I have a large-ish (~60 node) z-wave network, running off a zwave.me stick on a RPi 4 with HA. I’m using HA’s “default” z-wave integration as per https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/z-wave

My issue is that I have very variable lag between issuing a command and seeing the device respond. Sometimes it is near-instantaneous; other times it can take up to several minutes. These are not all distant or dodgy nodes either; it can happen with devices in the same or next room to the stick. Single commands usually work straightaway but if I issue several, for instance turning off two rooms, it can take minutes for all devices to respond. Using HA “scenes” also often suffers the same effect.

Can anyone help me to troubleshoot/understand this issue?

Separately, can anyone help me get my head around what z-wave options there are within HA? I have read several forum threads on OZW and I understand this is something different to what I am using?

Thanks

Can you provide some details about your setup please? How is home assistant installed?

May help to post a snippet of your OZW_Log.txt .

I was experiencing similar symptoms with a much smaller network when I was having this issue discussed here: OZW stuck on "Starting Z-Wave Network... This may take a while depending on the size of your network."

In my case, it turned out to be a defective node.

1 Like