Z Wave menu item

Hi,

Newbiew and first post…I’ve searched everywhere for this and it’s a very basic question, what is the icon reference for z-wave? I’ve used a generic icon for my zwave menu entry as I cannot find one specifically for z wave.

Also, when I click z-wave in the lefthand menu in it opens the panel but also shows/repeats the menu so it’s showing the full screen not just the zwave panel…why is this and how can I resolve it?

Many thanks,

C

Z-Wave icon - good question, material designs does not have one yet my z-wave devices populate with a z-wave icon and the snooze icon (neither mdi) so I don’t know. but why would you want to ? normally we configure icons for items you want to interact with in the UI. So a light - whether that is zigbee, z-wave or mqtt you generally put a light bulb by it.

There is no z-wave in the left hand menu, I think if you hover your mouse over the thing you clicked you may be talking about ‘states’. If so this gives a list of all the entities you can write to or read from on your system. There are sometimes what appear to be repeats but they are different aspects of the same device. for example on my system I have :-

1. sensor.cloak_room_dimmer_power
  2. sensor.cloak_room_dimmer_previous_reading

these are just two of 6 elements that I have for a single light switch, but before they were configured (and just added to the system) these looked almost identical as :-

1. sensor.aeotec_dsc19103_micro_smart_dimmer_2nd_edition_power
  2. sensor.aeotec_dsc19103_micro_smart_dimmer_2nd_edition_power_2

Is this what you mean ?
Mutt

Hi, thanks for the reply. I mean the menu item in the attached screenshot. I’m sure I was following instructions setting up zwave and the steps included adding it as a menu item. I’ve been doing HA for 24 hours only so it’s all a bit of a blur and I’ve got quite far without hitting any issues…until now!

…I’ve been through the installation instructions I used again and it seems that it was ‘user error’! I don’t think that menu item is supposed to be there. I’ll remove it (although it may turn out to be a useful time saver)!