Z-wave migration or multiple zwave network support

Currently, ozwcp does not support dual controllers on a single zwave network and therefore does not support a network migration / upgrade path similar to other zwave products. In other products you can have two controllers: and existing controller (primary) and a secondary, new controller. At any time you can promote the second to primary, then remove the old controller, providing an easy upgrade path for zwave controllers.

However ozwcp does support multiple controllers on different networks. HA does not. However if it did, you could slowly migrate your devices from one controller’s network to another without breaking much. This provides an alternate way to migrate controllers, or simply run multiple zwave networks.

This is very handy in multiple scenarios, but particularly in my case where my existing zwave network is running off an Aeotec S2 z-stick; to support zwave plus devices (some of which require the security aspect) a newer model is needed, such as the Aeotec Gen5 zstick, and currently there is no way to migrate or run multiple zwave networks.

I would love to see this also. Integration with third party alarm panels is another reason this would be a great addition. I see posts all the time about integration of home alarm system sensors.

I would like to see this to allow the integration of multiple remote z-wave networks into a centralized HA.

I have a discussion here trying to find details to do this (maybe through a hack).

If anyone is familiar with the architecture I can do some work on it, but I’m new to HA code.