Z-Wave PC Controller and Network Security Key

I have some questions for any Zensys Z-Wave PC Controller Gurus out there.

First off I am new to Home Assistant so bear with me if some of my questions are basic.

I ran into some issues joining my Z-wave light switches and had a lot of phantom devices with unknown/incomplete joins. I read online to install the Zensys Z-Wave PC Controller 5 software and remove them there. While I was in there I decided to try adding those troublesome devices, and wallah, it worked perfectly the first time. I then connected the USB Adapter back to the Home Assistant and it recognized them. Since I happen to have a windows surface tablet laying around, I was hoping I could just put the USB adapter in that, use the Zensys tools and go around and add all my device easily and come back, plug it into HomeAssistant and let it discover them.

My only problem with that is I don’t understand how to install my Z-wave network key that is setup in Home Assistant and do a secure join for locks and such in the Zensys software. Does anyone know how to, or if it can be done?

The adapter I have is: HUSBZB-1 Zwave/Zigbee Combo Adapter

The lights I ran into issues with come up as:

manufacturer name ACT
product name Unknown: type=4457, id=3230

One other note is that each problem child light initially seems to come in as the same name and only one light entity gets created. I find that if I rename them and restart Home Assistant then the light entities get created for the additional lights. Not sure if that helps in anyway.

Appreciate the help with this.

By chance did you figure this out?

Unfortunately no. I was unable to find any info on how to set the security key in the zensys tools and also put that key in HomeAssistant. Even asked on the Zensys forum. The insecure joined items seemed to work ok though when joined via the Zensys tools and then imported into HomeAssistant.

Ultimately I ended up moving to Hubitat.

I had joined all my devices into HomeAssistant, got them connected, renamed every device to what I wanted from the generic. Connected them to Node Red and did a refresh on the Zensys adapter at some point and HomeAssistant decided to revert all my device names back to their defaults, which broke all my node red integrations. At that point I moved on and only use HomeAssistant for basic Integrations that Hubitat doesn’t already have.

I had also posted about the entity ID reversion problem and also got just as much help with that as on this.